No sound when selecting "Play live audio" in Blue Iris

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was just not sure what that reference was. My issue is No sound, I pull a RTSP feed from the NVR directly into VLC, and everything works, but put that exact same RTSP path into blue iris and there is no sound. If I choose "RTSP alternate AAC encoder" I hear sound but it's distorted. So I just found it odd that an RTSP feed VLC works perfectly but no in the blueiris. what am I missing? Second question is where is the best place to go learn how to setup trigger schedules?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you watching Blue Iris remotely using RDP? If so it is a known issue that sound does not work with it in that manner.

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
rtsp:/192.168.100.23:554/Streaming/channels/101 << works perfectly in VLC, exact same URL blue iris has no sound. Unless I enable this Option then there is sound but its garbled like slow. so wondering why it works in vlc but not blue iris. Cameras work with sound when I manually add them just not when using RTSP
1617509132065.png

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
rtsp:/192.168.100.23:554/Streaming/channels/101 << works perfectly in VLC, exact same URL blue iris has no sound. Unless I enable this Option then there is sound but its garbled like slow. so wondering why it works in vlc but not blue iris. Cameras work with sound when I manually add them just not when using RTSP
View attachment 86068
Run find/inspect in BI to add cameras.

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Should/Does the UI3 interface have a mic (audio to camera) option?
I don't see it in mine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
UI3 does not do a mic to the camera. You need the BI app if you want that capability.