No support from HIKVISION

izidor78

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Why the HIKVISION support do not support their customers if they bought product on online trade platforms (ebay,...)?
I have asked question to this email address support@hikvision.com and the answer was:
Ebay and other online trade platforms are not our official channels, we can’t provide support for these products.
What about the warranty?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Why the HIKVISION support do not support their customers if they bought product on online trade platforms (ebay,...)?
I have asked question to this email address support@hikvision.com and the answer was:

What about the warranty?
They dont provide support because you purchased gray market goods from unauthorized vendors. No support not warranty. Some vendors provide their own warranty and support. You only get hikvision support if you buy from authorized sellers...there are MANY threads on this subject.
If you want support and warranty you will pay more.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's like gambling with a grey import camera from Canon. You roll the dice up front, but it can save you some money. My first gray market Hikvision works perfect. The second one though, I would have sent it back if I had bought it from an authorized dealer since I'm not happy with the image quality.

izidor78

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it's just scandalous if I buy a Samsung TV anywhere I can have Samsung warranty

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am seriously dying to know this: I understand all the "unauthorized" vendors, but how are these people getting genuine Hikvision product if they are not an authorized vendor? I know they aren't heisting shipments from hikvision warehouses, so how is this even possible? I'm struggling to think of an analogue with any other product I've ever bought; either things are brand name/legit, or they aren't. They must be operating with tacit approval from Hikvision, correct? Or are Hikvision's condoned distributors also selling stuff on the side and, if so, why doesn't Hikvision just tell them to stop? Again, seems it must be tacit approval from hikvision.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hikvision sell to authorise Seller, authorised seller the sells to Un - authorised Ali Seller, Ali Express seller sells to us, each time there is a % markup, Hikvision sell the 2-line series camera for around $50

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not exactly. If you buy a Samsung TV in China, and bring it back to the US, will Samsung USA warranty that TV? Don't think so.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, samsung has the same policy http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/ceddealers.html
Regardless, its a completely different business model, hikvision doesnt want to deal with support calls from inexperienced home users, thats why they intentionally dont sell to end users. If you circumvent that process they have no obligation to support you. More importantly, most of the ebay cams are china region cameras and therefore are not eligable for support from hikvision USA.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But Samsung are not the same I got, my samsung TV in Slovakia, repaired under warranty in UK, I was honest with them and they replied m, That's OK we made it, it went wrong we will fix it for you.
And they did.
The reason for Hikvision doing this is they see them as a disposable products, broken just replace and throw away. No time is spent trying to fix it, as UK labour cost is more than the price of the camera.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But Samsung are not the same I got, my samsung TV in Slovakia, repaired under warranty in UK, I was honest with them and they replied m, That's OK we made it, it went wrong we will fix it for you.
And they did.
The reason for Hikvision doing this is they see them as a disposable products, broken just replace and throw away. No time is spent trying to fix it, as UK labour cost is more than the price of the camera.
True, they are somewhat disposable at the price they're selling them for. You pay less than $100 for a camera, toss it when it's broken, and buy a new one.