No video display when run as service

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My i7 4790K with 32 GB of RAM, Windows 10 Pro, Boot OS - SSD, Clip Storage on a PCIe M.2 SSD runs at between 35-40% CPU utilization. But when I open the Blue Iris console , it shoots up to the high 90's. What can I do to lower it when the console is running?
How many total cams, what resolution what frame rates?
Are you logging in remotely or viewing on a local monitor?

markcohn28

n3wb
Reaction score
Dont use vpp...this is explained in the release notes...its only for a few cameras/low total bitrate...
Test it yourself, I would set all cameras to HA...then test with only half, see for yourself...
All 22 cameras are set at Yes - No VPP

markcohn28

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to leave the local monitor on but I also have the UI2 installed.

markcohn28

n3wb
Reaction score
It's my personal workstation, I mostly work from home. I have three 27" HD monitors plus a 49" 4K monitor all connect to it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's my personal workstation, I mostly work from home. I have three 27" HD monitors plus a 49" 4K monitor all connect to it.
i understand that but that could explain why you are not seeing any benefit from HA...you can use gpu-z to see if the intel hd is being used...also if you are displaying blue iris on a 4k monitor it can cause high cpu, at least that what i have seen in some posts, never tested myself..

markcohn28

n3wb
Reaction score
I can use either the onboard video outputs and video card outputs at the same time. But when I use HandBrake with QuickSync to encode video, it does sometimes crash (with Blue Iris running as a service).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can use either the onboard video outputs and video card outputs at the same time. But when I use HandBrake with QuickSync to encode video, it does sometimes crash (with Blue Iris running as a service).
another reason to dedicate a pc to blue iris...build the amd for yourself and use the intel machine for blue iris..

markcohn28

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't you think an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X with 12/24 cores would run Blue Iris and my video stuff a lot better? I'm talking about 64 GB DDR4 in Quad Channel mode, with OS and Clip all running on separate M.2 nvme drives...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't you think an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X with 12/24 cores would run Blue Iris and my video stuff a lot better? I'm talking about 64 GB DDR4 in Quad Channel mode, with OS and Clip all running on separate M.2 nvme drives...
no...I would never run a vms on a home pc...a vms should have a dedicated system....

markcohn28

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to convert my present setup to an unRAID computer that can run two VMs for gaming (each with vm with a dedicated graphics card) for two of my boys (I have 5 kids).

2 Gaming Rigs, 1 Tower - Virtualized Gaming Build Log

ratbuddy

n3wb
Reaction score
no...I would never run a vms on a home pc...a vms should have a dedicated system....
The way you keep saying 'running a VMS' and 'never run a vms' is leading me to believe that you may not understand what virtualization technology actually is/does. My Ryzen Proxmox host is happily chugging away with several h.265 cameras in a Server 2016 instance, running a freenas instance in another VM, and several Ubuntu 16.04 VMs, all for less than 70 watts at the wall - including a router and switch! Perhaps back in the day, you had a bad experience with virtualization, but please do keep an open mind to new technologies. Times have moved on.