No WAN access unless open

Meno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
does your router have the ability to log activity? Maybe something there might point out to why its closing its port. I say the router because your BI machine is still accepting connections on port 81 from your LAN so it sounds like the bad link is the router.

Frustrating issues these :(
Will check later thanks, also have a spare router will try that too

Meno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so i might have narrowed it down.

I installed a small server program and run it on port 81
changed bi port to 88

i could access the server page ok on 81 and ui3 on pc plus bi app, the moment bi stopped i tried refreshing the new server page and that wont load and times out, waiting for server page and ui3 to load and after 2 minutes they both became available again.

Looks like this could be a non bi problem and just a symptom of another problem.

ill try changing router next, oh this has been fun haha

Meno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Before changing the router i tried connection the pc via wifi instead and that seems to be ok! Obviously very slow but it didn't drop out!!

Cable or NIC then, haha i'm getting there. Could even explain the cutting out when minimised as thats a big change in data transfer i suppose

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
funny, i can connect to the BI server externally just fine (ie thru my cellphone IF i turn off wifi), if i connect locally via the network i cant unless i open a console directly on the pc running BI.

Meno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How or why I just don't know or understand, a new cable made no difference but a new network card seems to of fixed it!

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
How or why I just don't know or understand, a new cable made no difference but a new network card seems to of fixed it!
Hmmm.. I wonder if resetting the network stack would have helped. Regardless, glad to hear your access issue is resolved!

Meno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmmm.. I wonder if resetting the network stack would have helped. Regardless, glad to hear your access issue is resolved!
Tried that and it didn't, reinstalling the drivers (various) got it working for about an hour each time so I changed it.

Just hope it lasts