No way to reset SV3C cam?

TLCTimFL

n3wb
Reaction score
My internet provider recently replaced my router. I use static IP addresses for my cams so I can access them via phone. Yes, I've used Blue Iris for years but it has given me issues accessing via phone so I've used the app IP Cam Viewer along with the static addresses.

Problem: Old router issued 192.168.0.x and the new one issues 192.168.1.x. Therefore, I can't access the SV3C (SV-BO6POE-1080P-A) camera using 192.168.0.105 and it doesn't have a reset button.

Any ideas?

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same problem not long ago and changed the ip address of the router , my internet provider would't give me any help even though it is their router.

gonzo0203

n3wb
Reaction score
My internet provider recently replaced my router. I use static IP addresses for my cams so I can access them via phone. Yes, I've used Blue Iris for years but it has given me issues accessing via phone so I've used the app IP Cam Viewer along with the static addresses.

Problem: Old router issued 192.168.0.x and the new one issues 192.168.1.x. Therefore, I can't access the SV3C (SV-BO6POE-1080P-A) camera using 192.168.0.105 and it doesn't have a reset button.

Any ideas?
I want to say there is software if you can fumble through the broken english of a website that offers software for that. I'll look and see if I have it downloaded. I have like 5 cameras of theirs and that is my major complaint is lack of real documentation regarding their cameras and firmware

TLCTimFL

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to say there is software if you can fumble through the broken english of a website that offers software for that. I'll look and see if I have it downloaded. I have like 5 cameras of theirs and that is my major complaint is lack of real documentation regarding their cameras and firmware
I found and downloaded their software but it doesn't allow me to change the IP range or address that I can see. I believe It only searches the IP range given by the router.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

Any ideas?
What stops you accessing the router web admin and changing the address range that is assigned back to what the old router was using?

TLCTimFL

n3wb
Reaction score
Hindsight says absolutely but I already put several hours into working with the new numbers before I realized it didn't have a reset button. I use 3 "servers" (Blue Iris, Plex & WD My Cloud PR2100) that don't have monitors, mouse, keyboard that I set up first along with more than 10 Google switches, 5 Google Minis, Nest thermostat and sensor, 3 Google Chromecasts, HD HomeRun tuner etc. I could kick myself for not starting with the cams first. Yea, I know! My wife calls me "Gadget Boy".

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can't you just "shutdown" all your other devices temporarily, readjust the router IP range, fix the camera, reset the router back, and restart all the devices?
If you are worried about IP addresses changing on your devices, just set them to static IP address in the router using the MAC address of each device. Even tho the devices are set to DHCP, the router will say, "No, you are getting this one"!

djpaul10

n3wb
Reaction score

Any ideas?
I had a similar problem with an ip camera and used wireshark. I simply set my desktop pc to the old ip range with a static ip address of for example 192.168.0.1 and I could see the camera ARP. No need to mess with your new router settings.