NodeJS Module: node-dahua-api

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
every other VMS software does it the way I described; so must only sound silly to your ears.. like I said, you can always give names to those numbers in your own app.

I did a quick look through the API Docs, http://contenidosdigitales.net/planetseguridad/descargas/dahua/herramientas/api/DAHUA_HTTP_API_FOR_DVR_V1.29.pdf

I see a command SetPresetName that will allow you to set the name, but I found absolutely nothing for retrieving that information.. if you look, everything else involving presets wants the numerical ID.

Just because something is possible in WebUI dont mean there is an equivalent API all for it, if you find anything in that doc I overlooked leme kno

AlexV

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I see... BTW, is there anybody who knows default username and password to login to dahua sd22204t-gn camera by Telnet? I already tried admin/admin, root/admin, admin/7ujmko0admin. I have this version - 2.400.0000.16.R.T1.484, build : 2016-05-17

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
did you change the default password of admin? It should have forced you to do this on first login. Dahua Enable Telnet

Though on more recent firmware they have been disabling telnet all-together because of the botnet threats..

AlexV

n3wb
Reaction score
It tried to force me to change but I've declined and left the default admin/admin. The Telnet was enabled by default on my camera but I fail to find actual login info.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try changing the password; I could see it blocking telnet access w/default credentials to try to mitigate botnet attacks

AlexV

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried right now, didn't work even after password change. admin/[new password], admin/7ujmko0[new password] - all fail.

uronito

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Nayr,

had could try autenthication with te latest firmware.

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
What about things like TripWire, Missing Object, Facial Detection, etc? - it seems Dahua cameras do not report this as Onvif Events so I'm looking for an alternative method to access this information :)

Mufasa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Nayr,

Thanks for the node module!

It seems like now the IP Camera is using Digest auth, and the node module only deals with basic auth.

Was there a plan to address the digest auth? Or was there some other way to force the basic auth?

TIA!

trollmar

n3wb
Reaction score
Current Status: BETA 1.0, Work In Progress
Software Repository: GitHub - nayrnet/node-dahua-api: NodeJS Module for Dahua IPC HTTP API
NPM Package: node-dahua-api

What:
This is a module for NodeJS to interact with your Dahua IPC/PTZ through JavaScript, if you want to script in advanced logic this will get you started.​

Install:
  • Download and Install NodeJS for your Platform: Node.js
  • Download and install the module: npm install node-dahua-api

Features:
  • Alarm Listener, watch and respond instantly to: Motion/Faults/Inputs
  • Day/Night Switching, switch between Day/Night profiles.
  • PTZ Commands, go to presets, absolute locations, etc.

Need to Implement:
  • Update Sunrise/Sunset times for Geographic location
  • Trigger Recording
  • Trigger Snapshot
  • Suggestions??

This will be the dedicated Support & Discussion thread for this project, contributions are very welcome!

Right now I want to know what functionality you think I should add to this, there is no way I am implementing the entire API.. I started with the functionality I needed the most, but im sure there are other things to be done.

Also need testers to start playing with it, with new cameras and old to make sure it works for all Dahuas.. Ive already found changing day/night profile is dependent on features being avilable.
Hi,

Maybe a stupid question
i would like to use your node.js in node-red ..it this possible?
thx for a little hint

uronito

n3wb
Reaction score
hi @cor35vet ,

Can you implement digest authentication in node module of nayr for newer firmware of dahua?

Thanks.

uronito

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Nayr,

Can you add digest authentication to your node-dahua-api library for nodejs.

Te library only contains basic auth, and newer firmwares from dahua forces to digest auth.

I try make digest auth in the part of lybrary net.connect to eventmanager but i dont know it.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

sealfab

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to determine the data of the oldest recorded video? Either via api or url command?

Reaction score
Thanks for this, I'm going to try to get this working again in combination with Domoticz.

How are you using this @streiten if I may ask ?