Non-starlight varifocal cameras..

HMS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am planning on using some IPC-HDBW5231R-Z starlight dome cameras. but i cant get enough of them so i was questioning, in area that does not NEED IR (more then 1000+watts of white light avaible now) at a distance of less then 30ft what non-starlight varifocal dome camera would you use? I already plan on using some IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 bullets in some places that need more reach and have less light. even have a spot or two for IPC-HDW5231R-Z Turrets if i could get some...

But the original question remains, "what non-starlight varifocal dome camera would you use?" with no worries or use of IR..

Thanks..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd still use starlights in this situation.. dont care how much light you think you have, its no sun.

HMS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd still use starlights in this situation.. dont care how much light you think you have, its no sun.
I'd love to, unfortunatly i cant get enough of them even splitting up amongst diffrent kinds. there are placement for cameras i feel i cant sacrifice the need for the better quality at night and im going to use the startlight there, but i have a some spots (like 7) that are a 16'x32' area with (4) 250watt light in each corner that if i was unable to get startlights, what could i put there. Trust me, your comparison videos steered me from putting in another brand of cams and i "see the light" lol, but i cant put in what i cant get. Just looking for the best i can get that isnt a startlight.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd love to, unfortunatly i cant get enough of them even splitting up amongst diffrent kinds. there are placement for cameras i feel i cant sacrifice the need for the better quality at night and im going to use the startlight there, but i have a some spots (like 7) that are a 16'x32' area with (4) 250watt light in each corner that if i was unable to get startlights, what could i put there. Trust me, your comparison videos steered me from putting in another brand of cams and i "see the light" lol, but i cant put in what i cant get. Just looking for the best i can get that isnt a startlight.
IPC-HDW2421R-ZS or
hdw2320r-ZS
note no audio..if you want to match the 16:9 ration on all cams, look at the 4mp

HMS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IPC-HDW2421R-ZS or
hdw2320r-ZS
note no audio..if you want to match the 16:9 ration on all cams, look at the 4mp
Im on the road right now but ill look at those as soon as i gety back to a computer.

Thanks so much for the help!