Noob looking for recommendation on 180 degree IP POE camera

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to this IP camera thing and I am looking for a 180 degree POE camera to cover my backyard. The max distance between the camera is under 40ft but most of the place I am interested in is within 30ft. I found the following camera
  1. Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL - CAD $334
  2. EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-T180 EPTZ - CAD $332
  3. Annke NCD800 - CAD $270
I am using Frigate + Home Assistant with these camera though I may want to try Blue Iris down the road. Here are my questions:
  1. I am leaning toword EmpireTech because I already have a dahua bracket mounted on the wall. The installation should be simplier. However, I am curious how it performs compare to other cameras in the group, I don't mind paying a little more or doing a little more work initially to save me the trouble down the road. Just want the best the budget allows which is about < CAD $500
  2. Is the camera from Annke mentioned above the same or a stripped down version of Hikvision one? what's the difference?
  3. Is the EmpireTech one the same as the dahua 180 degree camera or is it stripped down version?
Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Ssayer posted good info and pix of his 180 degree cams on a thread he started:

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the reply. I searched the forum a little more. it seems like some people really hate the non-standard aspect ratio from EmpireTech B180 running at full resolution. Is the distortion happen straight out from the camera or is it something has to do with what software is used to view the feed?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Seriously, there is so much personal preference involved here... check this live view out of the multipurpose room at Michigan Tech as a streaming example... Nobody can tell you 100% what you're going to like...

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Seriously, there is so much personal preference involved here... check this live view out of the multipurpose room at Michigan Tech as a streaming example... Nobody can tell you 100% what you're going to like...

Considering everything you can see, and how long that facility likely is, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
…it seems like some people really hate the non-standard aspect ratio from EmpireTech B180 running at full resolution. Is the distortion happen straight out from the camera[?]…
I have the Dahua 4kt as my street camera. It isn’t terribly distorted when aimed slightly below horizontal. I like it very much because it gives excellent low light color footage, and the motion detection is very good, with few false positives when set correctly. I don’t know the other cameras.

Reaction score

Thanks. I think the bottomline is I want to know if the feed is distorted straight out of the camera. BTW, is the feed from Michigan by Dahua?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anytime you try to get a 180 panoramic type view from one camera (and even this dual camera with tiny focal lengths), you are going to get some of that curvature. If it bothers you then get more than one camera to cover the area.

You have been provided examples above of the Dahua and the Hikvision 180 - is that too much curvature for you as that is what comes straight out of the camera.