Paxvigo EBF810

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I told myself I wouldn't post on a non-brand name cam again, but... here goes... I found this on Slickdeals a couple of weeks ago and the discount code still works (the code is J17VMEB5ZXB9) (I bought two on two seperate orders as the code only works for one per order). My understanding is that it's a rebranded Hik and it's a 4K 180° Dual lens panoramic POE camera!

USPS never tracked it even though USPS did all the shipping (so what else is new?) so that was some cause for concern.

As soon as I opened the first camera's box, my first thought was... this was HOW MUCH?? With the code, it's $79.99. I pulled open the manual and there was a link to their software (broken link of course... 404). Knowing what it is, I jumped over to HIK and grabbed their SADP tool. From there, it was a breeze. This is one very nice camera, beautiful image. I still need to tweak it but... daytime, it's darn good. After dark is the real teller and we'll see then. With it's sensor size, I'm betting it should be decent as well (I'll update tonight). It comes from China, so we all know what that means, eh? YMMV...

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I told myself I wouldn't post on a non-brand name cam again, but... here goes... I found this on Slickdeals a couple of weeks ago and the discount code still works (the code is J17VMEB5ZXB9) (I bought two on two seperate orders as the code only works for one per order). My understanding is that it's a rebranded Hik and it's a 4K 180° Dual lens panoramic POE camera!

USPS never tracked it even though USPS did all the shipping (so what else is new?) so that was some cause for concern.

As soon as I opened the first camera's box, my first thought was... this was HOW MUCH?? With the code, it's $79.99. Darn, this thing is all metal construction. I pulled open the manual and there was a link to their software (broken link of course... 404). Knowing what it is, I jumped over to HIK and grabbed their SADP tool. From there, it was a breeze. This is one very nice camera, beautiful image. I still need to tweak it but... daytime, it's darn good. After dark is the real teller and we'll see then. With it's sensor size, I'm betting it should be decent as well (I'll update tonight).
Sweet deal! .. even if mailing takes time .. thanks @Ssayer looking forward to your updates ..

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
There are a lot of controls that I'm fiddling with that I haven't had on any of my other cams. Supplement light, smart supplement light, separate controls for left and right cam's IR and white lights among them... sort of a fiddler's dream :p :p :p

FWIW, what you see in the pic above is at 1/120th exposure rate. Not 100% sure what else anyone might be interested in knowing??

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Adding on... I've tested it and it works in IE, Chrome, and Edge. It opens in Firefox and Configuration settings work, but no video. That's fine for me as my PC is right next to my BI machine, but...

The stock audio input (MicIn) in is great and rivals my best pre-amped microphone that's on my 30x PTZ. I have most of my other cams set up in Blue Iris to use the 30x's audio in. A number of those will be changed now to use these mics (the cams that are closer to one of these cams).

Edit: Dang, it works on Silk with my Firestick! Who would have thought?

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Testing, testing... I set up one of our tablets with just these two cams to show the whole near front and back yards on two cams. This is just testing at this point, but... I do like it...
IMG_20230913_082255248.jpg

Now, I have a learning curve.. Set up zones in BI on these and when that zone is triggered, have one of the PTZ cams set up to go to the preset to view (and record of course) what's up...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @Ssayer

Do we have more info on which Hikvision OEM this model corresponds to ?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Based on the looking at data sheets, youtube videos, comparing the interfaces, etc.. my guess is... and so don't quote me on this... : DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL Here's a youtube video:

Because of the date of that video on youtube, this one has newer firmware.

Edit: Oh, the HIK version has 4mm lenses and this one has 2.8mm

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hah! I tried VMS and CMS and nope.. IVMS works, so I'm betting that it is their software that I'm still waiting on a link for. Don't get me wrong, the browser menu is all good, but I like to check things out... IVMS tells me that there is a newer firmware, but... I'm good...

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you found a way to power your tablets without batteries? Constant charging destroys batteries (and could even be considered a fire hazard), yet I can't seem to find a tablet that allows you to remove or disable the battery and just run from the power adaptor. (At least without starting some very dodgy sounding hacks from the internet that involve removing the control circuit from the battery and soldering it into the battery compartment). It seems many tablet manufacturers haven't considered some might actually want a choice of running from psu or battery, not simply to run whilst charging.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice yards and toys @Ssayer
Still $79.99 w/code AND NO TAX!
I needed it like another hole in my head but Oh Well!
Your mention of the quality of the microphone pushed me over the edge
Their website gives no info on their location or a phone number but found this:
incorporated on 10-FEB-2023 as a Private company limited by shares registered in Hong Kong

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Based on the looking at data sheets, youtube videos, comparing the interfaces, etc.. my guess is... and so don't quote me on this... : DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL Here's a youtube video:

Because of the date of that video on youtube, this one has newer firmware.

Edit: Oh, the HIK version has 4mm lenses and this one has 2.8mm
DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL
a dual 4MP 1/1.8" sensor camera .. 2.8mm instead of 4mm .. for $80 ... wow that would be a unbelievable deal .. looking closer too good to be true .. looks like it is a 1/2.5" sensor model .. ( see below )

btw here's the spec sheet on the DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL ... the paxvigo EBF810 looks different tho .. probably .. still a good deal for $80 ...

1694761711909.png

1694761800740.png

EBF810

1694762362510.png
1694762463111.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can it be set to turn on the white LED's with motion?
I don't see anywhere to do that, at least I haven't found it yet. But, you can simply use it's white supplement light and run it in color mode all night. The difference being that, regardless of what they claim, color mode is really only useful out to around 30 feet or so while with infrared... usefulness of the light isn't really a factor as it's good as far as you can recognize something. For that reason, I'd say they have it pretty accurate at around 100 feet...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have you found a way to power your tablets without batteries? Constant charging destroys batteries (and could even be considered a fire hazard), yet I can't seem to find a tablet that allows you to remove or disable the battery and just run from the power adaptor. (At least without starting some very dodgy sounding hacks from the internet that involve removing the control circuit from the battery and soldering it into the battery compartment). It seems many tablet manufacturers haven't considered some might actually want a choice of running from psu or battery, not simply to run whilst charging.
Heck, my two oldest tablets (and they still do the job quite well I might add) are from 2016. They've been powered 24/7 (except for power failures :p ). After reading your post, I went over and checked them. They aren't warm and I feel no swelling of the case from batteries dying. I unplugged one of them and it's running on it's old old old battery for about 15 minutes now. Yeah, I don't expect it to run very long on those batteries, but that's not necessary for it. Now, is it a fire hazard? Maybe, but... we had a regular old everyday bedroom electronic alarm clock start smoking on us a few months back. So... do I toss everything and live in a cave?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nice yards and toys @Ssayer
Still $79.99 w/code AND NO TAX!
I needed it like another hole in my head but Oh Well!
Your mention of the quality of the microphone pushed me over the edge
Their website gives no info on their location or a phone number but found this:
incorporated on 10-FEB-2023 as a Private company limited by shares registered in Hong Kong
Haha, yeah, I'm sort of anal like that and checked them all out too. Their site is registered with Namecheap. My cams came from NY but my son-in-law's came from Chicago (even though he only lives about a half hour from me). To me, that means drop ship, but what do I know, eh? I took the chance and it paid off...

OH, make sure you set the Video type to Video and Audio in the video section. Simple? Yep, but I didn't find it right off...

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL
a dual 4MP 1/1.8" sensor camera .. 2.8mm instead of 4mm .. for $80 ... wow that would be a unbelievable deal .. looking closer too good to be true .. looks like it is a 1/2.5" sensor model .. ( see below )

btw here's the spec sheet on the DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL ... the paxvigo EBF810 looks different tho .. probably .. still a good deal for $80 ...
Very strange, the Hik that I looked at showed a 1/2.5 sensor with 4mm lens. Going to have to look again!

Different case, but more like this one except that the Paxvigo is 4096x1840...

1694780480586.png

Last edited: