noob question changing IP address on Hikvision IR mini bullet

shadetree

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just unboxed my first Hikvision, the video quality is great. I plan to use BI and don't want to install the software that came with the camera if I can help it. Is there a way to change the IP address of the camera using BI?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest way is to install hikvision sadp software this is specially designed to make it really easy to change the ip address and can be found here under tools
http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download.asp
IF you choose not to install it the only way to change the ip address is to hook the camera up directly to your computer. If you are using a POE switch to power the camera then you need to connect your camera and computer to the switch but make sure the router is NOT connected to the switch for this procedure. Then go to control panel > network and sharing> change adapter settings > right click on your wired connection >properties > double click on internet protocol version 4 > select use the following ip address > enter 192.168.0.1 , the subnet will automatically populate. restart browser. Now you should be able to log into the camera by going to 192.168.0.64 in the browser...change the network settings....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
oh, dont forget to set it back to automatically obtain ip address, or you wont be able to go online :)