Noob question on adjusting camera angle

blanketred

n3wb
Reaction score
for this model DS-2CD3145F-IWS US $102.0 |HIKVISION DS 2CD3145F IWS H.265 CCTV IP Camera 4MP PoE Support EZVIZ Hik Connect App ONVIF Audio/Alarm IR Waterproof-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on AliExpress

How do you change camera angle?
I tried iWS-4200 and hikvision's cloud service app and didn't find a proper way to do it.

The specifications of the model clearly says angle can be changed horizontally 0-355 and 0-75 vertically

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With your hand, ... it's not a PTZ model.

Take the dome off (which you'll have to do to install it anyway), loosen the screws around the lens and then angle it however you need. The lens should be able to be pointed within the specs that you mentioned above.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also if you haven't already purchased that camera, this less-expensive Dahua model should outperform it (uses a newer image sensor that does better in low light) and runs official firmware (i.e. not hacked Chinese firmware that can't be upgraded without risk). It's also not a dome, so you don't have to worry about the typical issues with domes ghosting out the image if too much IR bounces back to the dome (or leaks around the foam ring that domes have around their lenses).

blanketred

n3wb
Reaction score
With your hand, ... it's not a PTZ model.

Take the dome off (which you'll have to do to install it anyway), loosen the screws around the lens and then angle it however you need. The lens should be able to be pointed within the specs that you mentioned above.
lol... I can't believe the solution to be that simple and... a little dumb... It sounds like a camera made in 1990s not 2020...

Anyway thanks a lot man

blanketred

n3wb
Reaction score
Also if you haven't already purchased that camera, this less-expensive Dahua model should outperform it (uses a newer image sensor that does better in low light) and runs official firmware (i.e. not hacked Chinese firmware that can't be upgraded without risk). It's also not a dome, so you don't have to worry about the typical issues with domes ghosting out the image if too much IR bounces back to the dome (or leaks around the foam ring that domes have around their lenses).

Unfortunately I already paid for it. My friend brought 2 of them from China for me. Each costs around $65 and I can't complain anything for that price.