Noob question: where are the IR LEDs in this camera?

freelance

n3wb
Reaction score
Many cameras have very obviously visible IR LEDs. Whereas the SD59225U-HNI from the cliff notes, or what looks to be the same picture, the 5930IC, claim to have 4 LEDs, but I can't identify the LEDs in the photo, see attachment. Can someone let me know where they are? Or are these generic photos that don't show the real product?

camera.png

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have one, walk up to it at night and use your smartphone's camera and point the camera right at the CCTV camera, you should see the CCTV camera's lights as bright lights on your smart phone's display.

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have one, walk up to it at night and use your smartphone's camera and point the camera right at the CCTV camera, you should see the CCTV camera's lights as bright lights on your smart phone's display.
Wow I didnt know that, I will try that tonight when it gets dark!

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It didn't work, I pointed my iPhone at my Dahua PTZ and could not see the IR lights, I tried several other cameras as well.

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes I can see those IR lights but I assumed I will see the actual IR from a smartphone like how you would if you point an IP camera at another IP camera with IR :facepalm: