Nooby Nooberton

EZFrag

n3wb
Reaction score
HI guys. I had an old computer just sitting on the shelf in my computer and started thinking....I bet I could get an IP camera and put NVR software on this thing for next to nothing and make a cheap security system. If only it were that EZ. I'm sure you'll be seeing me about the forum with some stupid questions. I would appreciate kind words while expressing your frustration with my ignorant noobness. So...thanks for that in advanced.

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HI guys. I had an old computer just sitting on the shelf in my computer and started thinking....I bet I could get an IP camera and put NVR software on this thing for next to nothing and make a cheap security system. If only it were that EZ. I'm sure you'll be seeing me about the forum with some stupid questions. I would appreciate kind words while expressing your frustration with my ignorant noobness. So...thanks for that in advanced.
I love it, and it basically is that easy!
Though, once you start you'll want to get another IP camera... And another... And then realize that the first ones you got weren't really good enough so you'll go for much better ones to "replace" them - then you'll put the original ones somewhere else because why waste what you already bought. Then you'll start to hit capacity on your computer and want to upgrade portions of it.

Or is that just me?

Anyway - welcome!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome EZFrag,

We've got lots of great information here being shared, so please do check out the forum

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.