Northern Video NTH-IP4D (Hikvision)

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I got 4 used Northern Video and only one is acting weird, just curious if someone had similar issue and if you had a solution.
The camera is visible in SADP and I am able to log into the cam UI, but the plug-in does not start.
I can navigate all the menus, but the menus with video don't show the video or when it does it freeze and have bad image. When I log with Hikvision app, it take forever to load the feed and then I get bad image, see attached pictures and video. The live feed usually crash right away.

Image-1 (1).jpg Image-1.jpg

Edit: new clip

What I try so far:
Factory reset
PAL / NTSC
H264
H264+
Re-Load the firmware
Edit: Both power source (POE and 12v)

Camera: Northern Video NTH-IP4D
Info on the camera: http://www.northernvideo.com/pdf/NTH-IP4D-IP4D4MMv2.pdf
Device Type: NTH-IP4D
Software Version: V5.4.1build 170316
DSP Version: V7.3 build 160829

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Long shot suggestion :
Carefully remove / re-seat the sensor ribbon cable in case it's developed a bad connection to the main board.
See if ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) or VLC (via RTSP) comes up with a stable video feed.

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Long shot suggestion :
Carefully remove / re-seat the sensor ribbon cable in case it's developed a bad connection to the main board.
See if ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) or VLC (via RTSP) comes up with a stable video feed.
Thank you for the tips.
Sensor ribbon: did not work, no video. But it was doing that the first time too, I started to have more stable video after a while, like if it needed to heat up.

Right now I have the Live view failed message.

ONVIF and VLC not working also.

Last edited:

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Left camera on overnight... in morning I had access to video feed again... camera need to warm up?
Quality is better but not perfect.