Not a US (WR) camera as advertised. Got CCCH and no offer to replace.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I purchased a 2.8mm 3MP turret camera from Nelly's Wrightwood. I paid extra because I didn't want to deal with the camera reverting to Chinese. Didn't realize this immediately, but some time later I logged into the camera and the serial number is ...CCCH.... I contacted Nelly's Wrightwood, they apologized and said they are now under new ownership and are getting set up to be an authorized Hikvision dealer. I got no offer to exchange for a true WR camera.

If I pay extra for a US (WR) camera then I expect to get a US (WR) camera, not a CCCH.

Edit: My sincerest apologies to Nelly's. I typically have shopped Nelly's and Wrightwood. I confused Nelly's and Wrightwood. I did receive a Chinese camera from Wrightwood even though I paid more for a US version. When I contacted them they said they were under new ownership and they were trying to become an official Hikvision dealer.

I cannot undo what I have done except ask the moderator to delete this thread if that will help.

I will say this, future Hikvision purchases will be from Nelly's for 2 reasons: To attempt to make up for my mistake and to get US (WR) region equipment.

Again my apologies.

Edit 12-7-15. See post 23 and post 19 for more details. New Wrightwood ownership has made it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If they sent you a CH camera then return it. Its not acceptable..

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I purchased a 2.8mm 3MP turret camera from Nelly's. I paid extra because I didn't want to deal with the camera reverting to Chinese. Didn't realize this immediately, but some time later I logged into the camera and the serial number is ...CCCH.... I contacted Nelly's, they apologized and said they are now under new ownership and are getting set up to be an authorized Hikvision dealer. I got no offer to exchange for a true WR camera.

If I pay extra for a US (WR) camera then I expect to get a US (WR) camera, not a CCCH.
Don't see any 3mp WD turrets for sale now, did you mean 4mp? about a month ago they dropped their explaination about being unnamed Hikvision and I thought they said they were US firmware but can't remember.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@nowandthen, if in fact you did receive a Chinese version camera from us I would like to get it resolved for you. Did you buy it from our web store, amazon, or ebay?

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
@nowandthen, if in fact you did receive a Chinese version camera from us I would like to get it resolved for you. Did you buy it from our web store, amazon, or ebay?
Ryan, are you under new ownership now? Could you explain the history Nelly's Hikvision relationship. thanks in advance.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Also, you can rest assured that we are not under new ownership and still do not sell Chinese versions of our cameras on our web store or amazon. Once, last year sometime, we sold a few DS-2CD3332s on ebay which is the chinese version of the 2332. As always, we clearly stated in the description that this is a chinese model and comes with a limited warranty from us.
@nowandthen, please provide me with an order number so I can look it up.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Also, you can rest assured that we are not under new ownership and still do not sell Chinese versions of our cameras on our web store or amazon. Once, last year sometime, we sold a few DS-2CD3332s on ebay which is the chinese version of the 2332. As always, we clearly stated in the description that this is a chinese model and comes with a limited warranty from us.
@nowandthen, please provide me with an order number so I can look it up.
Thanks, why did you say "still do not sell Chinese versions" ? Is it possible you will in future, thanks in advance.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@MartyO, We have never sold Chinese cameras from our web store and do not plan to.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
This is how rumors get started that hurt businesses. @nowandthen who told you that they were under new ownership and where exactly did you purchase the camera from? Something is fishy here....

Last edited:

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
This is how rumors get started that hurt businesses. @nowandthen who told you that they were under new ownership and where exactly did you purchase the camera from? Something is fishy here....
Yes I'm thinking he could have bought one at Nelly's one from china and he got them mixed up and is gonna return the Chinese one to Nellys for a US one.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I'm thinking he could have bought one at Nelly's one from china and he got them mixed up and is gonna return the Chinese one to Nellys for a US one.
Yeah that crossed my mind too...The only thing is that no one at Nelly's would say they are under new ownership so I'm wondering where that came from. Maybe the confusion was because of the recent move? They moved storefronts recently.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My sincerest apologies. I'll edit post one to shut this down ASAP.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased a 2.8mm 3MP turret camera from Nelly's. I paid extra because I didn't want to deal with the camera reverting to Chinese. Didn't realize this immediately, but some time later I logged into the camera and the serial number is ...CCCH.... I contacted Nelly's, they apologized and said they are now under new ownership and are getting set up to be an authorized Hikvision dealer. I got no offer to exchange for a true WR camera.

Edit: My sincerest apologies to Nelly's. I typically have shopped Nelly's and Wrightwood. I confused Nelly's and Wrightwood. I did receive a Chinese camera from Wrightwood even though I paid more for a US version. When I contacted them they said they were under new ownership and they were trying to become an official Hikvision dealer.

I cannot undo what I have done except ask the moderator to delete this thread if that will help.

I will say this, future Hikvision purchases will be from Nelly's for 2 reasons: To attempt to make up for my mistake and to get US (WR) region equipment.

Again my apologies.
Yeah watch out for Wrightwood...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Again my apologies.
Contact your credit card company and ask for a chargeback. If wrightwood claimed the camera was US, then they defrauded you.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll keep it and not buy cameras from them anymore. I prefer US so I don't have to deal with changing Chinese back to English should I ever need to upgrade the firmware. I will say I am happy with the Wrightwood IR illuminators. Not cheap, but they do light up the night! So far reliable, unlike the $15 unit from Amazon. I guess you get what you pay for.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll keep it and not buy cameras from them anymore. I prefer US so I don't have to deal with changing Chinese back to English should I ever need to upgrade the firmware. I will say I am happy with the Wrightwood IR illuminators. Not cheap, but they do light up the night! So far reliable, unlike the $15 unit from Amazon. I guess you get what you pay for.
Hmmmm, I too buy from Wrightwood. Not any more. Good info!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I represent Wrightwood Surveillance and am very sorry to hear what happened to @nowandthen. We have reached out to him to have his camera replaced and we are confused on how we missed this request because we have replaced other peoples cameras due to the issue we had with a batch of cameras (many cameras sold to us from our vendor were supposed to be WR had been changed out in their boxes for CH ones without us knowing).

We have no intention on miss leading our customers. A huge part of this is that we no longer sell the Chinese Brown box cameras nor do we sell modified cameras. We have also been working with Hikvision directly and we are now Authorized Resellers of Hikvision cameras and now sell Hikvision cameras with a true Hikvision 3 year warranty.

We agree that what happened to nowandthen was not right and we want to fix it for him and anyone else that has received a CH camera for a WR.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...We agree that what happened to nowandthen was not right and we want to fix it for him and anyone else that has received a CH camera for a WR.
Hold on...I'm having trouble understanding what you have written.

1) Have you replaced nowandthen's camera: yes...or no?

2) Do you not keep track of the serial numbers you sell to your customers? Therefore don't you already know which customers purchased WR cameras that had been "changed out" of their WR boxes for CH ones by some bad actor?

It strikes me that you would first take corrective action, and then post a message such as this. What you have done with this topic smacks more of damage control rather than a sincere effort to make amends and correct this situation.

So prove me wrong. Replace NowAndThen's camera. Then have NowAndThen post to this topic and tell us that this has been done.

Until then, my skepticism and cynicism rules the day.