Not able to update Blue iris

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all ,

Got some issues with blue iris and connecting to it since I updated last week , so maybe it is/was related to that update.

I am trying to go to the latest update (I am now on 4.5.8.2 x64) , but I get an error message.
-Click the "check for updates on the console"
-download and accept.
-when installing :
-error message: update of c:\program files\blue iris 4\blueiris.exe failed (32) ... make sure it is not in use.
-click "OK" >> updated file 5 of 6 , click "OK"
-updating files....... but than nothing happends, and I need to cancel ( I think this pop up window comes first)

Last week I had the same , but than somehow a next day it worked again.

Anyone knows what the issue is?

Thanks,
Cor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all ,

Got some issues with blue iris and connecting to it since I updated last week , so maybe it is/was related to that update.

I am trying to go to the latest update (I am now on 4.5.8.2 x64) , but I get an error message.
-Click the "check for updates on the console"
-download and accept.
-when installing :
-error message: update of c:\program files\blue iris 4\blueiris.exe failed (32) ... make sure it is not in use.
-click "OK" >> updated file 5 of 6 , click "OK"
-updating files....... but than nothing happends, and I need to cancel ( I think this pop up window comes first)

Last week I had the same , but than somehow a next day it worked again.

Anyone knows what the issue is?

Thanks,
Cor
Use task manager to close blue Iris... download file from the website

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had the same problem last week but OK now. I did notice my support had expired so I renewed. The next day the update worked. Not sure if it took a while to verify the renewal or if even related.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the same problem last week but OK now. I did notice my support had expired so I renewed. The next day the update worked. Not sure if it took a while to verify the renewal or if even related.
its not related...you dont need support for updates

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there an underlying reason? , something wrong with my system which needs to be solved?

Thanks,
Cor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an underlying reason? , something wrong with my system which needs to be solved?

Thanks,
Cor
no, sometimes BI cant properly shut itself down for the update..shutting down blue iris will let the update go through

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried shutting down and manual install when it happened. No go. Again fine now.

@fenderman looking at this chart from the BI website, I get the impression you don't get updates without support contract after one year?
Which is pretty reasonable. Am I reading it wrong?
upload_2017-7-5_10-48-56.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried shutting down and manual install when it happened. No go. Again fine now.

@fenderman looking at this chart from the BI website, I get the impression you don't get updates without support contract after one year?
Which is pretty reasonable. Am I reading it wrong?
View attachment 19803
The chart agrees with you in a way - but does not actually state what happens when support expires, but the fact is he has not implemented this all my systems but 1 are out of support and have no problems updating....if it was intentional you would get a prompt to update

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, I was two months late and still receiving updates. So pretty clearly not related.

Thanks

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No. But thanks for the good thought.

And not sure if I was clear it is fine now. Although I don't know why.