Not as sensitive as I hoped

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hang on, you’ve had these 3-4 years and you’ve only realised that they are not as sensitive as you had hoped. That is some extreme long term testing.
No blue iris is not

The camera sensitivity is bang on although I never been impressed with the noise I get.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m in the UK and got my starlight cams from @EMPIRETECANDY here on the forums. Currently have the 2Mp starlight but and I keep saying this I will upgrade some of them to the 4Mp version at some stage.

Forum members are probably now sick of seeing this image but here’s an example from my cam, there is street lighting here so not complete darkness.

View attachment 52667
Yes that's quite a nice image what is the recording like I have my camera set at 1/25 if I set it to 1/12 I get a nice picture like this with little grain only problem is you have no chance of picking up a face or anything really as it just blurs everything.

What's your set on?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that's quite a nice image what is the recording like I have my camera set at 1/25 if I set it to 1/12 I get a nice picture like this with little grain only problem is you have no chance of picking up a face or anything really as it just blurs everything.

What's your set on?
These low light cameras will blow away your old 1/3 sensor cameras at 1/25. Hik and dahua both have excellent 2 and 4mp low light options.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well 3 lads tried my door with a crowbar last night luckily my girlfriend was up with the dog and seen the light flick on. Camera did not pick them up because the were in the blind spot.

So I need the best performing low light dome camera for £200 under if thats possible or could push for a bit more if its a much better camera.

I am asking because I have little clue what to get even looking at those reviews or even where to trust to get it from was looking at IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED 4MP from

AliExpress
Empire Technology Co., Ltd

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Decided to go for a 2.8mm New Model IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2MP Starlight WDR IR Eyeball AI Network Camera fingers crossed its go a good low light image in my street!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Resolution to start with, not looked at the specs of the 2Mp so beyond that I’m not too sure.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Resolution to start with, not looked at the specs of the 2Mp so beyond that I’m not too sure.
I just asked the guy that sold them for a good low light camera with mic and alarm its just what I need to go over a door do not think I need great resolution for that if its good I will swap out the rest!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Does that camera have LEDs instead of IR? Specs look good so hopefully you should be pleased with it.

Reaction score
Well 3 lads tried my door with a crowbar last night luckily my girlfriend was up with the dog and seen the light flick on. Camera did not pick them up because the were in the blind spot.

So I need the best performing low light dome camera for £200 under if thats possible or could push for a bit more if its a much better camera.

I am asking because I have little clue what to get even looking at those reviews or even where to trust to get it from was looking at IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED 4MP from

AliExpress
Empire Technology Co., Ltd
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED 4MP I have this model as well as others and i run all of my cameras in color at night. Which you will have to have a lot of light to get good color image at night. This model serves a corner of the house that i do not have as much light, so it does well using the LED from the camera.ipc t5442tm-asLed.jpg

Reaction score

Check out the forum on the camera you purchased.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED 4MP I have this model as well as others and i run all of my cameras in color at night. Which you will have to have a lot of light to get good color image at night. This model serves a corner of the house that i do not have as much light, so it does well using the LED from the camera.View attachment 52818
Exactly where mine is going to go I have getting the 2.8mm. it's got to cover a very close 45 degree angle with no where near the light you have here fingers crossed I have chosen the right lens.

I picked the 2mp version as it has the alarm feature.

Reaction score
Exactly where mine is going to go I have getting the 2.8mm. it's got to cover a very close 45 degree angle with no where near the light you have here fingers crossed I have chosen the right lens.

Ok i think you will be fine as either of these cameras should work for your situation.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ANTH040, when you get a chance have a look at CU CCTV. There a genuine UK supplier, and all their hardware is sourced from Oprema.

And 2.8mm will be very wide angle and have a short distance focus, 3.6mm is another good choice as well. But like most things, you have to experiment to find out exactly what you need.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Someone will need to be as close as 12ft to the camera for any chance of ID'ing a face day or night.
You need to study this: Wiki

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this is a close quater camera like I said at 45 degrees I need to cover a square so it needs to be as wide angled as possible as the house is staggered and is out of view of my main front camera and the thief's that wanted my girlfriends car knew this and came this way.

I think a 3.6 mm would shoot past the door for what I need to cover, working with an 8 foot space above it I am going to have to experiment.

Last edited:

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the real world you could never have more iframes than total frames in any video (security cameras)

Resolution
The I-frame interval configures the number of partial frames (P-Frames) that occur between full frames (I-Frames) in the video stream.
For example, in a scene where a door opens and a person walks through, only the movements of the door and the person are stored by the video encoder.
The stationary background that occurs in the previous partial frames is not encoded, because no changes occurred in that part of the scene.
The stationary background is only encoded in the full frames. Partial frames improve video compression rates by reducing the size of the video.
As the I-frame interval increases, the number of partial frames increases between full frames. Higher values are only recommended on networks with high reliability.

Just a thought...…..

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What an amazing little camera, on default settings its seeing without having the ir on very happy with it! Absolute love the intrusion detection alarm also think I will upgrade all my cameras!

Attachments