Not impressed with Dahua NVR software

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
nothing is done on the NVR, you download iDMSS Pro for IOS or gDMSS Pro for Android, connect to your NVR and set it up there..

Went to find gDMSS Pro.. found it on a site called APTOIDE on web. Just searching for gDMSS brings up (from Dahua on Google Play site) gDMSS Plus & gDMSS HD. Is gDMSS Pro a third party ap and is better than the others? APTOIDE site safe?

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
nd
nothing is done on the NVR, you download iDMSS Pro for IOS or gDMSS Pro for Android, connect to your NVR and set it up there..

Got a MotoG Play and went to search for gDMSS Pro. Found it on a site called APTOIDE. A search for gDMSS brings up gDMSS Plus & gDMSS HD (both by Dahua) on the Google Play site. Is gDMSS Pro a third party ap and is better than the others? Or just another name for Plus?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
email alerts are near worthless, most of the time the email w/the picture dont come in is because your MailServer is throttling back the emails since it sent 3 at a time, and guess which one is the largest, the one w/the image.. there are configuration options to reduce the frequency of snapshots taken, needs to be set to like 10s.. but missing snapshots is still gonna happen unless you run your own mail system w/out anti-spam throttling.

Push Notifications w/the Mobile Apps combined with IVS Rules works much better and faster.
I agree i had a hell of a time getting email to work and its overwhelming in its output. Spend the money buy the premium app and use the alerts on that.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong thread but I have the software installed and working fine except, the names don't seem to be coming through on the notifications? It just show "Channel 9" for example. When having a quick glance at the notification it would be more useful to actually see the camera name rather than channel number. Is there a way to change this?

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would have to remember which channel goes with which view. Got my gDMSS live view to working (after I turned on my smartphone's WIFI). Will have to try it remotely on another network and also with 3G/4G cell signal.