Not my video, Construction Workers Catch Thief - Wait For It.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Sad as I would never die for stuff, I value life way too much. You obviously have not seen tragedy yet, then you will understand.
so your alternative is to do what, crawl up in a corner and beg for your life? :p

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sad as I would never die for stuff, I value life way too much. You obviously have not seen tragedy yet, then you will understand.
My brother in law was shot and killed in a robbery years ago. My 80 year old mother in law has been mugged twice, so I do know a little about tragedy.
I think, (you don't know for sure until it happens) I will fight for my stuff or life if something does happen.

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Criminals in the know will avoid that site now, job done. I live in an area where we have violent house robberies along with other serious and violent crime. I've been left alone for the moment because I respond to threats but as I age I worry more and more and hope my neighbours will take up the slack. Police are not an option. We too have pacifists that advise one and all to roll over and take the hit but they can afford to do so because they're screened and riding on the backs of the committed.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Criminals in the know will avoid that site now, job done. I live in an area where we have violent house robberies along with other serious and violent crime. I've been left alone for the moment because I respond to threats but as I age I worry more and more and hope my neighbours will take up the slack. Police are not an option. We too have pacifists that advise one and all to roll over and take the hit but they can afford to do so because they're screened and riding on the backs of the committed.

speak it brother, people have no principles anymore, they want to be part of the loving, caring, inclusive, participation trophy, piss in any bathroom you want, marry anyone you want, do whatever you want and everyone should give me what I want on a platter, yet if you want something they don't want, they sure as shit riot in the streets and call you a criminal, a racist, a biggot, and every other name they can think of. These people are what criminals feed on. Hell it's what everyone feeds on, you have an entire country like that and stuff worth taking you'll be invaded by a new enemy every other week. They do not understand that it is not the actual value of an inanimate object, it's the fact that another person thinks they have the right to violate another human being be it by stealing stuff from their yard, breaking into their house, assaulting them for no reason, etc. etc. You have to stand up against the scum of the earth and say NO, enough is enough, you will not victimize me in any way, you WILL pay the consequences of your actions. You will NOT get away with doing anything you want. If people want to sit there and let people make them into victims that is their right, and I hope the criminals target them instead of me, but if they do target me, I will not make it easy for them, AT ALL.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's all about risk assessment and consequences of actions, it's not about defending the bad guys. I get it, you've been robbed, it's a traumatic event, they invaded your space. But think with your head, not your emotions. No offence intended.

"Today we are going to interview the hero that jumped on the hood of the car over a $300 drill. What's that, we can't. Why? Oh he's in a coma with severe head trauma. He also has a broken hand and two compound fractures in his legs. Oh sorry to hear that, you say, if he recovers, it may take up to a year or longer before he can go back to work! His wife has had a mental breakdown worrying about the hospital bills, and how they will pay the mortgage now? Wow. You say she's going to have to sell the house, and her and her four kids will have to move in with her parents? You say her parents are elderly, and living on social security, so mom will have to apply for welfare and food stamps to feed the kids? You say you estimate the hospital bill to be a minimum of $500,000? WOW. Well, ok I'll leave now since I can't interview the "hero", that put his entire family at risk over trying to save a $300.00 drill from being stolen."

1200 dollar item. I would have done the same thing no reward without risk. Some of us have a pair and would rather take action rather then saying opps it happened moving on. This is why this country has in fact become a joke and weak because we allow things like to happen with no reaction. Sorry I don't agree with your statement its the new snowflake way. They say a good old fashion whooping fixes issues and its true hence why there was less of this going on back in the day.

BUT I get it because said thief was only stealing a tool but willing TO KILL for that tool its ok to not try and stop him letting him get away, Fair enough until your family might be the one that he attempts to kill next over say their car or wallet.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1200 dollar item. I would have done the same thing no reward without risk. Some of us have a pair and would rather take action rather then saying opps it happened moving on. This is why this country has in fact become a joke and weak because we allow things like to happen with no reaction. Sorry I don't agree with your statement its the new snowflake way. They say a good old fashion whooping fixes issues and its true hence why there was less of this going on back in the day.

BUT I get it because said thief was only stealing a tool but willing TO KILL for that tool its ok to not try and stop him letting him get away, Fair enough until your family might be the one that he attempts to kill next over say their car or wallet.
This incomprehensible rant is why friends, don't let friends, post drunk...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

Yeah they (the snowflakes) rarely have an answer when you ask them how they would handle these situations or they just give you the let them go and call the cops, hahahahaha. Yeah okay, that really is what is wrong with the world, it's getting flooded with a bunch of pansy ass people who were told they can be anything growing up, and given participation trophies when they lost at sports, if they even played sports, this generation walks around on their phone seeking instant gratification in the form of attention from people they hardly know on social media. They think they should get everything they want and you shouldn't get anything they don't want you to have. This country is turning into a self entitled mushy pile of crap and anyone that reads this who is over 40 knows it. Then you have the people who didn't grow up that way, they become sheep dogs or wolves. The sheep dogs have to keep the wolves from eating them alive meanwhile they try to ban everything we have to do it with all the while calling us racists, biggots, and every other name they can think of. Okay I'm done ranting for now.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This incomprehensible rant is why friends, don't let friends, post drunk...
I wish I was drunk would help me forget about how I'm still running on two weeks of no sleep. To each is their own You don't have to agree nor do I.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wish I was drunk would help me forget about how I'm still running on two weeks of no sleep. To each is their own You don't have to agree nor do I.
Well it's not that I don't agree. It's just that it is hard to decipher what you are saying. Get some sleep.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well it's not that I don't agree. It's just that it is hard to decipher what you are saying. Get some sleep.
Im too lazy to go back and fix it :O) or should i say to tired to try and fix it tonight lol.Ive learned worry about it after i get some sleep

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Funny, I wonder what your thought's would be as you flew off the hood and got paralyzed. Sitting in your hospital bed with rashes on your ass and not being able to feel your dick. Better hope you have superman's wife as I don't think many would sit and watch you droll and wipe your ass. But, you would be remembered as the brave one that hoped on a hood to save a tool and then the "what ever happened to that guy. At least you could watch your cameras from the hospital bed and surf the net with your tongue. Now that's living life right and you would have no regrets.....really?

I have a spine just not willing to break it for some stuff.

Last edited:

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit this is crazy... did you see that truck smashing the car lol .... and the guy on the hood crazy...

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I get the pacifists but I also get the guy who signs up to clear landmines. Just don't dump on the landmine guy it's not called for and we all need him.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I get the pacifists but I also get the guy who signs up to clear landmines. Just don't dump on the landmine guy it's not called for and we all need him.
I'm all for stepping up but, to use your landmine analogy, the way that went down is akin to clearing the mines by jumping up and down with your fingers in your ears. To quote Sean Connery in the untouchables:

"You just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement: make sure when your shift is over you [, and your mates,] go home alive. Here endeth the lesson."

Glad none of the construction guys got hurt though. I bet the crook needed a change of undies.