Not my video, Construction Workers Catch Thief - Wait For It.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The above story does say the thief did snatch a tool. So a robbery did take place. Being that took place in Texas if any of the construction guys are charged with anything I would ask for a jury trial.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The above story does say the thief did snatch a tool. So a robbery did take place. Being that took place in Texas if any of the construction guys are charged with anything I would ask for a jury trial.
Forget the tool, they were trying to get their coworker back! Dude holding on to the hood must have a steel vise grip.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We already know he took stuff it can't get any cleared from the video he stole stuff. Is that the new thing to doubt what you see in videos now?

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It may well be that there had been previous thefts from that site and the workers/owners were tired of it. Certainly the criminals approach with some confidence as if they knew the site to be an easy target.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
The people who work their ass off 5 days a week to buy it.
Yep, I always find it amusing when people say it's just stuff you can replace it. Thieves count on people like you who won't make much effort to protect their stuff, OR go after the person who takes it. If theft came with penalty of death if caught, and killing a thief even outside of your home was legal, you'd see theft go down to near nothing over night, but so many people get a warm and fuzzy when they defend these criminals, it's not his fault, he was a good kid, it's just things they can be replaced, blah blah blah. I have to assume these people have never been victims of these criminals, I have, and if I catch you trying to take the things I worked my ass off for, I'm going to dole out the maximum allowed punishment under the law. If you don't care about your stuff, why are you even in a surveillance camera group? I think it is safe to say by and large people in here, who have systems, do it because of theft, with the side benefit of seeing what is going on in general and all that. I'll never understand people who defend thieves, you need to reexamine yourself, by defending them, you are just as bad as they are.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's all about risk assessment and consequences of actions, it's not about defending the bad guys. I get it, you've been robbed, it's a traumatic event, they invaded your space. But think with your head, not your emotions. No offence intended.

"Today we are going to interview the hero that jumped on the hood of the car over a $300 drill. What's that, we can't. Why? Oh he's in a coma with severe head trauma. He also has a broken hand and two compound fractures in his legs. Oh sorry to hear that, you say, if he recovers, it may take up to a year or longer before he can go back to work! His wife has had a mental breakdown worrying about the hospital bills, and how they will pay the mortgage now? Wow. You say she's going to have to sell the house, and her and her four kids will have to move in with her parents? You say her parents are elderly, and living on social security, so mom will have to apply for welfare and food stamps to feed the kids? You say you estimate the hospital bill to be a minimum of $500,000? WOW. Well, ok I'll leave now since I can't interview the "hero", that put his entire family at risk over trying to save a $300.00 drill from being stolen."

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It's all about risk assessment and consequences of actions, it's not about defending the bad guys. I get it, you've been robbed, it's a traumatic event, they invaded your space. But think with your head, not your emotions. No offence intended.

"Today we are going to interview the hero that jumped on the hood of the car over a $300 drill. What's that, we can't. Why? Oh he's in a coma with severe head trauma. He also has a broken hand and two compound fractures in his legs. Oh sorry to hear that, you say, if he recovers, it may take up to a year or longer before he can go back to work! His wife has had a mental breakdown worrying about the hospital bills, and how they will pay the mortgage now? Wow. You say she's going to have to sell the house, and her and her four kids will have to move in with her parents? You say her parents are elderly, and living on social security, so mom will have to apply for welfare and food stamps to feed the kids? You say you estimate the hospital bill to be a minimum of $500,000? WOW. Well, ok I'll leave now since I can't interview the "hero", that put his entire family at risk over trying to save a $300.00 drill from being stolen."
LOL Looney

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

pretty much but it's also worth noting his actions won't be covered by worker's comp insurance (I know this is hypothetical, but still).

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy crap that's wild. That's why you don't steal and that's why you don't car surf

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Holy crap that's wild. That's why you don't steal and that's why you don't car surf
Yep, that's the best suggestion in the end to these scum of the earth, don't wanna die, or get your face smashed in? STOP STEALING.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm glad the car surfer didn't get hurt. That's a big chance he took but he's going to be a hero on the jobsite for a LOOOOONG time.

Too bad every thief didn't get their ass whooped every time they stole something, though. That'd be worth them stealing it.