Not receiving sms text alerts

Renro

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Let me preface this by saying that i had BI ver4 and all was working great! It was not until around July that i stop receiving sms text alerts. I still receive the email notifications with images and videos but no sms text. Initially i thought it stop working because i was on ver4. So last week i finally had time to upgrade to ver5 however, I still don't receive any sms text alerts. As before, i do receive the email notifications but no sms alerts. I've search within the forums for answers but could not find one.

On a strange note, i do get a sms text alert when i log into my gmail account via browser that is associated with the sms alerts and send an email to my phone number (cellnumber@pm.sprint.com). Not sure what that's about but dont undertand why it works in that instance versus when BI sends it.

Note: I don't have the iso Blue Iris app. I enjoyed using the sms text alerts within BI as an alternative to the iso app.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Renro

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably a typo but I think you mean "cellnumber@pm.sprint.com", right?
Check out ==>> BI not sending MMS alert message
Tony, I referred to the link however all setting regarding SMTP are correct. The test was successful however no text alert was sent only email. I'm so lost as to what is going on.

At this point would I be saving myself some headaches and just get the iso app and use that for text alert and such? Or will that too not work because I'm having issues the sms alerts?

Last edited: