Not recording to HD, suddenly

Todd Schmidt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So yesterday I noticed that my cameras had stopped recording. They’re set to record 24/7. When I checked my computer, it said my hard drive was full. Weird since I’ve never had an issue before. Usually, it just deletes the old stuff when it hits either the size limit or the time limit.

so I checked my settings and noticed that the drive letter for my stored folder had arbitrarily changed, it was d, but now it’s e. Ok, easy fix. Unfortunately, that didn’t fix it.

both bi and win10 are on the latest updates.

Screen shots of hopefully helpful info

any help appreciated.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Your stored drive is full so BI can't move anything. Moving things on a regular basis is not a good idea since it adds load to the system and increases read/write activity on the drives. Rather than move things around and set time limits, change everything to size based, don't move anything. Just use the separate drives for separate cameras or groups of cameras. You will need to construct a BI directory structure on each drive but that's no big deal at all.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage tab
2) blue Iris status cameras tab
3) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
After you’ve corrected the drive letter try a db rebuild, it should hopefully pick up the files on the HDD and then start managing them once again.

Todd Schmidt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After you’ve corrected the drive letter try a db rebuild, it should hopefully pick up the files on the HDD and then start managing them once again.
Did that three times. Finally said screw it and erased all the files. Nothing important happened and was needed. drives now have room. We’ll see what happens over next couple days.

SouthernYankee- Some of those photos are in the link I provided. But I can get you screen shots if still needed.