Not sure where to start?

Jul 8, 2024
United Kingdom
I live in the UK and I'd want some IP cameras. I work with computer networks in my day job, so I can work out the technical bits relatively easily

I would however want to "set and forget" Cloud access would sure make life much simpler too

Basically I'd want at least two colour night vision high quality cameras (one on both sides of the property)

I'm not however sure what to get, what NVR, and anything else that may or may not be required too

Any help would be appreciated. Thanksy

Reactions: TonyR and mat200
Cloud access type cameras will fail you when you need them most.

Do you have enough white light or are willing to use the built-in white LED? If not, full color camera is useless.

See this thread for the commonly recommended cameras (along with Amazon links) based on distance to IDENTIFY that represent the overall best value in terms of price and performance day and night.

The Importance of Focal Length over MP in camera selection

I live in the UK and I'd want some IP cameras. I work with computer networks in my day job, so I can work out the technical bits relatively easily

I would however want to "set and forget" Cloud access would sure make life much simpler too

Basically I'd want at least two colour night vision high quality cameras (one on both sides of the property)

I'm not however sure what to get, what NVR, and anything else that may or may not be required too

Any help would be appreciated. Thanksy

Welcome @ipcamn0obie

For best results, expect to take some time to setup, configure, and tune the ip camera system.

As a network admin, you will understand that somethings out of the box just require some time to setup and once setup are stable and work well.

This is the case with the ip cameras many members like. Either dahua oem or hikvision oem.

If you are new to this, recommend picking up one good varifocal 4mp 1/1.8" sensor camera to test with. See the list @wittaj posted.

Welcome to IPCT! :wave: