Nothing is being triggered at night

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been trying to fix this for awhile now and just can't, really disappointed with the software as of late. What can be wrong?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It isn't the software it is your settings.

Uncheck the object detection box as that is used to eliminate false triggers and you have the opposite happening.

Switch to simple algorithm.

Unchecked the auto flag or your drive will fill up quick and stop recording.

Uncheck the use mainstream for deepstack as deepstack will downrez it anyway so you lose time doing this.

What is the KEY number for camera status and what camera is this? Your FPS and iframes should match or you will have problems.

Camera looks a little high and it will struggle at night.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You also need to get that bright light on the right out of the view of the camera. It effectively blinds half of the scene for the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been trying to fix this for awhile now and just can't, really disappointed with the software as of late. What can be wrong?
What can be wrong? A: You

Switch to another VMS. Hundreds of options out there. The software is really disappointed with you as of late. Not reading the help file, poor setup. All other software out there is much easier to use. Litterally plug and play. The manufactures don't even need a forum because support is never needed.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It isn't the software it is your settings.

Uncheck the object detection box as that is used to eliminate false triggers and you have the opposite happening.

Switch to simple algorithm.

Unchecked the auto flag or your drive will fill up quick and stop recording.

Uncheck the use mainstream for deepstack as deepstack will downrez it anyway so you lose time doing this.

What is the KEY number for camera status and what camera is this? Your FPS and iframes should match or you will have problems.

Camera looks a little high and it will struggle at night.
I should note that during the day, it works great. I've disabled the AI and object detection, changed it to simple for the evening profile. Camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-L 4 MP ColorVu Fixed Turret. Also, I can remove that light, it's only blocking the garage entry which is flanked by lights. My main concern is the driveway. I had some dim wit drive down my driveway at 10PM and turn around. Had I not been up, I wouldn't have known as the software did not alert me. FPS is fine and matches.

EDIT: Iframe is 50 and FPS on camera is 20, in software FPS is 476191 [21.00 fps]

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most have great daytime and struggle with nighttime. It is a lot more tweaking at night.

Except under ideal lighting and field of view, edge vector will struggle at night. Simple is the best option. Then tweak settings if you get too many false triggers.

And from that field of view, Deepstack will struggle with a car turning around in the driveway will be problematic. Headlight bloom and not seeing the whole vehicle will be difficult for deepstack to recognize it. Most of the images deepstack was trained on can see the whole vehicle.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, I will give that a try and test. I also changed the camera setting to H 264+, it was just H 264... Not sure how that will affect this but will see.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In Blue Iris, the + will mess you up. BI does not like codec. Your KEY will go crazy.

Stick with plain ole H264.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I'll go back. Hikvision manual says the best I Frame is 50 so that's what I have it at and FPS at 20.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I'll go back. Hikvision manual says the best I Frame is 50 so that's what I have it at and FPS at 20.
If you use iframe of 50 and FPS at 20, then any object that can be in and out of that field of view in under 2.5 seconds will be missed in BI and that could also be why you are missing objects.

Read the Blue Iris manual. It says do not use codec and match FPS and iframes. Blue Iris says the KEY needs to be 1.00 which means the FPS and iframes are the same. Yours at 50 iframes and 20 FPS is 0.40 and will struggle. Many here don't believe it and then wonder why their system is effed up.

If you want to use what Hikvision manual recommends, then switch to a Hikvision NVR.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set it to 20. I've been re-reading the BI Manual, some points are missing or I'm not coming across it yet. Thank you again,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, I will give that a try and test. I also changed the camera setting to H 264+, it was just H 264... Not sure how that will affect this but will see.
That will completely mess up motion detection because it generates dynamic iframe intervals.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wonder if that is what happened, I'll have to look for my old screen shots of my settings and see if something got changed which started these night problems. It used to capture deer, cats, etc.