Notification sound per camera?

caddyman68

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a way to play a different notification for each camera when the alert is sent to my phone. I'm hoping if there's not, that it would be worthwhile for other people to have this option and I could request it from Ken. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the forum. Yes you can send a unique sound for each camera (you are limited to the 40 or so options that are available from the dropdown)
Under each cameras alert tab go to send a push notification to mobile app and click configure.... Note that if you wish you can chose a different sound for each profile even in the same camera.

caddyman68

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the forum. Yes you can send a unique sound for each camera (you are limited to the 40 or so options that are available from the dropdown)
Under each cameras alert tab go to send a push notification to mobile app and click configure.... Note that if you wish you can chose a different sound for each profile even in the same camera.

Thanks Fenderman. I coulda sworn I looked there before. Has this been there always (or at least awhile)? I am constantly amazed by the things available in Blue Iris and the amount of information one can get on this forum. Your posts in particular have helped me through some troubles. Glad I finally signed up. Also glad they let me keep the sound I have on the phone (default) since it is loud and annoys my coworkers :) Blue Iris ROCKS and the Android app is AWESOME.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, no problem. Looking at the blue iris whats new page, I see the option was added in update 3.44.00 - January 8, 2014 . You have been slacking :).... Blue iris is loaded with little features like this that go unnoticed until you need them...Glad you are enjoying the forum.

caddyman68

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, no problem. Looking at the blue iris whats new page, I see the option was added in update 3.44.00 - January 8, 2014 . You have been slacking :).... Blue iris is loaded with little features like this that go unnoticed until you need them...Glad you are enjoying the forum.
Ken has added so much to BI even since I bought my first version 6 (?) years ago. At that time I had two cheap cameras recording. I got video of someone breaking into my garage, but didn't have notifications set up. I have five cameras ( a little better quality than the old ones) and the BI app on my Android phone.
I built a stand alone computer 2 years ago - wish I had gone faster and not used my CD for Windows XP. Upgraded to BI 3 then. Somehow I can't get BI Tools to work on it. Maybe I'll look through the forum to see if I can find if it's maybe not compatible??
I looked in the "Sound" folder for Blue Iris and it only had 4 or 5 of the sounds listed under the "configure " drop down. Don't suppose you know where the rest are stored and/or if it's possible to add more?
Well, off to browse the forum - see if I can find more things to tweak