NTP issues with 2 cams DS-2CD2132F-IS and DS-2CD2632F-IS.

jozg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have 2 camera's, a DS-2CD2632F-IS and a DS-2CD2132F-IS.
Both are originally chinese but they are made english by the ebay-seller, i guess.

I want to set up NTP and when i press test it works.
Also i have enabled DST as i live in the Netherlands.
The system time is correct and synced with the NTP server.

But after a while i noticed that the time is set an hour later andnot correct anymore.
And when i go back to the settings of both camera's its set to manual again.

Is this a known problem with the firmware? or am i doing something wrong?
The firmware is: V5.2.5 build 141201

Thanks for helping.

regards,

Jos.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have/had the same issue on my 2 Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW. One is like yours Chinese made English same firmware the other is U.S. latest US/Europe FW 5.3.x. Now that DST is over in my region (California) time is correct. What's happening in my case is NVR is syncing the time and time settings to the camera. Even if you set NTP, DST, or a time zone the NVR will reset it. Sounds like a Hikvision bug. If you don't have them connected to an NVR your issue could be different.
P.S. I have a couple of posts on this forum and I haven't seen a fix that works.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen that symptom if DST and time settings are enabled on the camera, and the camera is connected to an NVR. There is a clash depending on which last set the time, and if DST is not set on the NVR.
It's OK for me if the NVR is left to do the time sync, and it's got DST correctly enabled on it.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NVR has my correct time zone and DST, cam has wrong time zone and DST enable/disable is being controlled by NVR. Cams are only correct during "standard" time. It's a bug and I can't find a workaround.

I'm guessing the bug is the cam can't interpret the time zone command from the NVR correctly but gets everything else right. During DST, the only thing I found I could do was turn up the interval for updating the cams in the NVR so I wouldn't have to fix it so often or turn off the in-camera OSD so it didn't bother me so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

jozg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

Thank you for responding.
I'm not using a NVR, the camera's should sync the time with the time servers from my ISP.
But the setting works for a short while, it looks like the setting won"t be saved.
After a while it is set to manual time sync again and the the time is not correct.

Regards,

Jos