NVMS7000 record on motion

PJ Will

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 cameras and nvms7000 running on my pc right now. My 2 cameras are currently recording to 16gb cards within the camera. My goal is to have nvms7000 recording to my pc using my recording schedule. Currently I have my cameras running continuous recording from 6am-6pm and motion recording outside of that range. However, I don't think nvms7000 is recording based on my schedule. I notice I don't get recordings after 6pm and when I open a video file, it is 1 hr earlier than the time stamp on my pc. So my question is:

1. How can I configure nvms7000 to record on motion after 6pm?

2. Why is my recording 1 hr earlier than the pc's time stamp?

LTS_Chris

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
1) Do you have access to the recorder through the browser? I recommend logging into your recorder and setting the recording schedule under the storage settings. NVMS7000 is just the management software.
2) Do you have DST on or off in your recorder? The one hour difference may be due to DST.

Let me know if you run into any more problems.

PJ Will

n3wb
Reaction score
1. yes I did log in and set the recording schedule. It just seems like NVMS7000 doesn't fully use the schedule I have or something...Do you use NVMS7000?

2. yes you are right. My DST is set to 1 hr ahead because for some reason when I select Central time, it is 1 hr off so I set it to Eastern time to see the correct time stamp for me in Central time zone, if that makes sense...

PJ Will

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, my motion detection recording on my camera is live or right when it happens but on NVMS7000, it isn't like that. NVMS7000 will record motion detection like an hr before. Is that normal?

LTS_Chris

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
1. yes I did log in and set the recording schedule. It just seems like NVMS7000 doesn't fully use the schedule I have or something...Do you use NVMS7000?

2. yes you are right. My DST is set to 1 hr ahead because for some reason when I select Central time, it is 1 hr off so I set it to Eastern time to see the correct time stamp for me in Central time zone, if that makes sense...

Also, my motion detection recording on my camera is live or right when it happens but on NVMS7000, it isn't like that. NVMS7000 will record motion detection like an hr before. Is that normal?
1. NVMS7000 doesn't set or follow any schedules. Any scheduling issues would have to be coming from the recorder itself since the program pulls the data from the unit.
2. Is DST currently enabled or disabled for you in the recorder's time settings?
3. Do all of your cameras have a motion detection based recording schedule set to 24/7 or a continuous recording schedule? Is the problem present for only one or multiple cameras? NVMS7000 should not have different recordings apart from your recorder.

PJ Will

n3wb
Reaction score
1. NVMS7000 doesn't set or follow any schedules. Any scheduling issues would have to be coming from the recorder itself since the program pulls the data from the unit.
2. Is DST currently enabled or disabled for you in the recorder's time settings?
3. Do all of your cameras have a motion detection based recording schedule set to 24/7 or a continuous recording schedule? Is the problem present for only one or multiple cameras? NVMS7000 should not have different recordings apart from your recorder.

1. Got it.
2. No DST is not enabled. Should I enable it?
3. Yes I have continuous recording from 6am to 6pm then motion detection only after that. This problem is for both my cameras.

LTS_Chris

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
1. Got it.
2. No DST is not enabled. Should I enable it?
3. Yes I have continuous recording from 6am to 6pm then motion detection only after that. This problem is for both my cameras.
2. Yes, try to enable to DST and see if it resolves the 1 hour time difference.
3. If you say that motion detection is starting an hour earlier than it is supposed to, it may be affected by the time settings on your recorder. See if enabling DST fixes the time your recorder begins motion detection based recording. If that does not work, you can try logging into your cameras ( if they are ANALOG/TVI, then you access the OSD) and check the time settings.

PJ Will

n3wb
Reaction score
2. Yes, try to enable to DST and see if it resolves the 1 hour time difference.
3. If you say that motion detection is starting an hour earlier than it is supposed to, it may be affected by the time settings on your recorder. See if enabling DST fixes the time your recorder begins motion detection based recording. If that does not work, you can try logging into your cameras ( if they are ANALOG/TVI, then you access the OSD) and check the time settings.
2. Once I check the box to enable DST, i see the fields in the pic. What do those fields mean?

Attachments

LTS_Chris

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
PJ, for most of the United States, DST begins on the second Sunday of March and ends on the first Sunday in November.

PJ Will

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the DST settings. But I noticed that the recording to my pc is still late. For example, the file recorded would say 7:04pm from the video but on the computer, the time stamped was 8:49pm, which was the time the motion detected. Furthermore, the video file showed the recording at 7:04pm, not the motion that was detected at 8:49pm?

What gives? I hope I am making sense.

PJ Will

n3wb
Reaction score
NVMS7000 is supposed to record every time a motion is detected right?

LTS_Chris

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi PJ,

For this issue, I think it might be better if you gave our support line a call so we can have someone remote in and take a look at your system.

I've included the phone number below for your convenience.
1-831-250-1292