NVMS7000, remote connection

Lola8503

n3wb
Reaction score
I have home security setup with cameras and DVR. There is a monitor directly connected to DVR showing the cameras, all are on and working. We had a storm a while back and since then I have not been able to stream the live video using the NVMS7000 remote connection via computer/iphone/ipad. Wifi works. I have turned everything off and restarted, no luck of reconnection. Any help welcomed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have home security setup with cameras and DVR. There is a monitor directly connected to DVR showing the cameras, all are on and working. We had a storm a while back and since then I have not been able to stream the live video using the NVMS7000 remote connection via computer/iphone/ipad. Wifi works. I have turned everything off and restarted, no luck of reconnection. Any help welcomed.
How was it setup before? port forwarding?

Lola8503

n3wb
Reaction score
Not really sure but that could be a possibility. The company that installed the cameras set it up. They had a portable type monitor if you will (not really sure what to call it). I already had them come out once before for this same problem and it took them like 10 minutes to fix and of course I get a bill for $90 so I was really wanting to figure out how to fix this on my own if I should expect it to disconnect frequently.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really sure but that could be a possibility. The company that installed the cameras set it up. They had a portable type monitor if you will (not really sure what to call it). I already had them come out once before for this same problem and it took them like 10 minutes to fix and of course I get a bill for $90 so I was really wanting to figure out how to fix this on my own if I should expect it to disconnect frequently.
You should not be paying them again. They either did not assign the DVR a static ip/set dhcp reservation or failed to setup Dynamic dns...either of those would cause issues after a power interruption.

Lola8503

n3wb
Reaction score
So we use a dvrlists.com address if that helps answer any questions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So we use a dvrlists.com address if that helps answer any questions.
That is the dynamic dns server...they either did not set it up properly or there is a local ip issue...either way they should be fixing it for free and more importantly, do it right so it doesnt happen again.

george dy

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh boy, this is the thread I've been looking for! It seems I have a nearly identical setup to Lola here.

I had an installer setup 6 cameras to my NVR, which uses a subdomain of dvrlists.com as the network? I've been using that as the setup with my username and password to access via NVMS7000. All of the sudden (with no storm), they system is inaccessible from my computer or phones, but the feed still works and it still records on my NVR.

Lola, were you able to resolve the issue with Fenderman? I would love to know how you resolved it. I know I don't have a static IP assigned, but not sure if that is the solution? I have an EdgeRouter Lite from Ubiquiti and a standard Arris Modem that I picked up from Amazon.

Thanks for any info or help...

Lola8503

n3wb
Reaction score
I had gotten a new router a couple times causing this problem and I had to go into the router settings and make sure all the IP addresses were consistent/correct. Now I use an IP address rather than the dvrlists address. I’m sure fenderman will be of much more help!

Lola8503

n3wb
Reaction score
I forgot I ended up buying a TP-link 8 port desktop switch with 4 port PoE per fenderman’s recommendation.

george dy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I had one more question regarding your setup - since you started using IP addresses instead of the dvrlists address, do you still do port forwarding to get connection to your system remotely?

I think a need a few more posts to contact Fenderman via PM, but maybe he'll see this one. I have an EdgeRouter Lite from Ubiquiti with 2 USG 8-port switches that gives me fine control of the IP, DDNS, and other settings, I guess I just need to figure out how to set an IP address on my network even though the ISP doesn't dedicate and I use DHCP...so much to learn here.