NVR 104MH-C/4P Network misconfiguration

NickSM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all , a friend on mine bought one NVR 104MH-C/4P .. (2) DS-2CD2763G0-IZS 6MP and (1)IPC-T250H ip camera
I installed the camera in his house and connected all Ethernet cable to NVR and started the setup from the beginning. I finished the setup and I could see both 2 DS-2CD2763G0-IZS 6MP they appeared on monitor but not the IPC-T250H .. I was shocked ..how the 2 ip cameras without giving them IP address they are active and without adding them are displayed on the monitor, when I try to check the network and to check the ip address.
They has 192.168.254.6 the other 192.168.254.7, I said this isn't right, which my Default Gateway 192.168.0.1, I tried to edit manually to give some ip address witch is not been use,edit them with right ip address and password but still not successful also the same IPC-T250H. then after i choose the other option plug and play and they displayed as active as well.. but still with the ip address ...
My question is how they work with different default gateway ..this (2) DS-2CD2763G0-IZS 6MP but not the IPC-T250H..
Also I created the Hik-connect app and he watching live on his mobile phone atm..
Do I change the ip address with SADP Tool then add them to NVR. I really don't understand how this works like which NVR have the right ip address 192.168.0.50..

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards Nick

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Please let me know your thoughts.
What you've described is normal, and by design.
Hikvision NVRs with PoE ports use 2 IP address ranges.
One is the LAN range, on which the NVR LAN interface is connected,.
The other is the 'Internal NIC range' as used by the NVR PoE ports.
By default it is 192.168.254.0/24

They has 192.168.254.6 the other 192.168.254.7, I said this isn't right, which my Default Gateway 192.168.0.1, I tried to edit manually to give some ip address witch is not been use,edit them with right ip address and password but still not successful also the same IPC-T250H. then after i choose the other option plug and play and they displayed as active as well.. but still with the ip address ...
That is how it is intended to be, and should be left as-is.

.how the 2 ip cameras without giving them IP address they are active and without adding them are displayed on the monitor,
The NVR firmware is designed to 'Activate' inactive cameras - it's called 'Plug&Play'. It's by design, for ease of use by people with little or no networking knowledge.

My question is how they work with different default gateway ..this (2) DS-2CD2763G0-IZS 6MP but not the IPC-T250H..
The default gateway is only required if they need to communicate outside their own IP segment.
They don't.
The NVR looks after things like NTP etc for them.

Do I change the ip address with SADP Tool then add them to NVR.
Why fix what's not broken?
It will only break it.

NickSM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @ alastairstevenson.
Thank you very much for quick response, I understand exactly what you mean.
The two cameras as you said, they are okay, but I have one more which is IPC-T250H ip camera, when I click Plug&Play cannot be active as the other 2,and it won't display on the monitor. This is about 100m far, do you think that it might be an issue? All the cameras are brand new and two are working and the third one isn't working. What would you suggest?

Also I am not there to take a picture of the configuration, so I can upload the picture. However when I get a chance I will take one.

Please let me know, thank you for your time and assistance on the matter.

Regards

Nick

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
IPC-T250H ip camera, when I click Plug&Play cannot be active as the other 2
Suggestion :
When you can -
Connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port and see if SADP can see the camera, what its IP address is, and what it's status is.

NickSM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @alastairstevenson,
I managed to go yesterday and test like you said ,and I found out the camera has been active, that's why i cannot see and cannot be plug&play ,same as the others .
I took the camera home and i managed to reset it from factory , so today i will go and put it back where it was ..
I hope by pressing pug&play it will be ok ..
here is some screenshots from NVR and from SADP

Thank very much for your time and your advice

Regards Nick

Attachments