NVR, 4 x IPC's getting the same IP?

Reaction score
Hi there,
I've a Technomate NVR with four IPC's.
All are working well. When I do a network scan, I see the NVR gets assigned an IP address, and the four cams show up on the scan also, but all the cams have the same IP.
I'm using Tinycan Monitor when I'm viewing an Android, but I can't add each individual cam, as the 4 cams have the same IP.
Scratching the head here, not sure what do to.
Any ideas?
Thank you,
Darren.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Would that be done via the NVR control panel, yeah?
Assuming that the cameras are not hanging off POE ports on the NVR (the fact that you are able to scan them suggests they are not) the normal approach would be to access the camera web GUI to adjust the networking, then access the NVR web GUI to change the configured IP address for that camera to match what you changed it to.

bguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you are scanning with Tinycam. I don't use Tinycam, so I'm not sure how it finds the cameras.

If the cameras are connected to PoE ports on the NVR, then the cameras are not really on your network, but on a separate network on the NVR. In which case, the NVR may provide address translation for the cameras. You would access them via a port or URL at the NVR's IP address.

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
Yes i can access and login to the NVR camera web GUI.
In the networks settings, the GateWay and NetMask match my network router.
I am scanning on Win10 via Wireless Network Scanner: nirsoft.net
I dont think they are PoE ports on the NVR, the 4 ports on it don't state they are PoE.

Within the Web login on the NVR > Config > LAN Search > List of IPC...
It lists my 4 cameras.
The IP addresses given to each look like:
026c0123697308XXXXXX

1 026c0123697308XXXXXX 0 I8S Main+Sub TCP admin
2 026c0123697308YYYYYY 0 I8S Main+Sub TCP admin
3 026c0123697308ZZZZZZ 0 I8S Main+Sub TCP admin
4 026c012304e9b7AAAAAA 0 I8S Main+Sub TCP admin

bguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those are not IP addresses or MAC addresses. What's the model number of the NVR? Most likely if it has network ports, then they are PoE.

Reaction score
Those are not IP addresses or MAC addresses. What's the model number of the NVR? Most likely if it has network ports, then they are PoE.
Turns out the NIC of this IP cam kit, doesn't allow direct IP access to the individual cams. Those are the internal addresses of each cam, and I can only access them via PoE and their app system. Think I'll be selling, then repurchase an alternative that supports direct IP access.
Thanks for your input guys.
Darren.