NVR and 6 cams

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for an NVR system with 6 cams.

I need to get a 6 cam setup with an NVR. I am thinking 4MP on 4 of the cams, and maybe 2mp on the others. I need the NVR to support these cams via POE as well as remote access and a viewing app. I am still working on the lenses I would need. I am considering buying a US NVR for firmware and warranty, and getting cams from Aliexpress depending on price.
I am thinking it should be turrets and bullets if I can't find the right lens in turret.
Here are the 6 areas that need to be covered:
1. Front door: the front door is in a long alley and the cam is mounted a foot above the door frame. I know this height isn't ideal, but I want to start with a clean install. I am not sure which lens makes sense in such a tight area. Maybe 6mm?
2. Nook by garage: there is a small area that is about 10' x 10' that needs basic coverage (2mp).
What products would you recommend? I am going to post a thread to ask questions about it shortly.
3. Driveway: 3.6mm to cover driveway and 2 car garage.
4. back yard: basic coverage, 3.6mm or 2.8mm
5. patio: need to cover patio 3.6mm - I wish this could be a hair wider than 86 degree coverage.
6. side yard: 4mm to cover the gate.

I would like to get some feedback on the NVR, some of the lens selections, and the camera models.

How about this HDW4421C-A with various lenses for the 4 higher res cams (or maybe just all 6)? Seller shows as Ms. Nicole Ye.

Thanks,
John

back yard 2.jpgfront door.jpggarage nook.jpggarage.jpglayout.pngpatio.jpgside gate.jpgside gate2.jpg

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I contacted Milk before posting this thread. He just sent me this:
Hmm i would do a LTN8708-P8 for the NVR

app you can use ivms4500 from hikvision

cameras i would use CMIP3042 / 3042W (if you need wdr)

http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/ip-netw...cmip3042w.html (available in 4mm or 2.8mm)

thanks!

I asked him for prices.

I hope his NVR recommendation on the 8ch with 6mp support is accurate.

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah that DVR is one of the better(professional) ones and should handle what you want but I would double check with him that you want to run 4@4MP's and 2@2MP to make sure it can handle the bit rate needed.

ScreenHunter_301 May. 17 13.45.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: jai

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have any LTS but yes it will work for what you want. You don't need a 16-ch recorder for 4x 4MP and 2x 2MP.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to apply for an account with them to see the price of the nvr. They process a background check.
I think I'll call Steven at Nellys or stop by. I just feel bad buying only the nvr though him.

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had to apply for an account with them to see the price of the nvr. They process a background check.
I think I'll call Steven at Nellys or stop by. I just feel bad buying only the nvr though him.
Can you please PM the cost your are given for the NVR? Thanks. I hate to bug them for the exact same thing. (yes I'd pass a background check) lol

Reaction score
As an add on if you're planning to get the LTS version of that NVR, try using LTS's CSM software NVMS7000 instead of hikvisions iVMS4500.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an add on if you're planning to get the LTS version of that NVR, try using LTS's CSM software NVMS7000 instead of hikvisions iVMS4500.
Just curious, is there any reason why you said to use the LTS software vs Hikvision?

Reaction score
Just because the LTS version was made for the LTS DVR. Both application will probably function fine with the LTS DVR, so it will be up to the end user which GUI they like better.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I switched from importing, to using Nellys. I got 16ch NVR and 8 cameras. As I have read, the NVR is not exactly silent. I can hear it running from the hallway. It is supposed to live in a media room closet... I need to call them on Monday and see what other alternatives they have.

Upon plugging the cameras in, most of them connect to the nvr automatically, which is nice. Some don't, so I will have to access the web page of each to get some info.

H Series 202 Outdoor HD 2MP IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm10892
H Series 204 Outdoor HD 4MP IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm11672
H Series 242W 2MP Indoor IR Wifi Cube Camera 2.8mm2
H Series 212W Outdoor Wifi Wireless HD 2MP IP Dome Security Camera 2.8mm10942
H Series 616E2/8P 16 Channel Plug N Play Hi Def NVR Recorder W/ Built In 8 Port POE Switch10951

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They probably just need activating. Install SADP v3+ and run that. Activate them with the same password as the NVR.

Plug into NVR (when off) turn everything on. Voila!

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Del Boy.
So I have logged into each cameras interface and added a name on the overlay text. I have also added the 2 indoor wifi cams to my wifi. However, I am having a few issues. 1.) I am using 6 cameras on POE, so I have 2 ports that show No Link. I would like to be able to assign the wifi cameras to those ports so that the 9up view would be populated nicely.
Also, even though I have both indoor wifi cams on my wifi, I can only get one to add to the NVR. There are numerous entries on the cameras list for the 2 wifi cams.

Between the fan noise and these setup issues, I am beginning to wish I went with a BI setup. Since I have promised a 16ch NVR, I wonder if a 4770 would suffice if I switched.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision and fan noise. It's crazy hey.

BI much better... but I'm still on Hikvision NVR, so ignore me on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I figured out how to move the cameras around in the NVR and IVMS 4200 GUI, I never would have expected drag and drop on an NVR.

Next problem, I unplugged 2 cams to work on mounting solutions, now I can't get them to add back into the App. Any ideas?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For the price difference I'd do lts, after one of your China cams break you would make up difference for their warranty

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I found a 14db fan. I bought 2 and associated cables to hook them both up.

http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Mini-KAZE-Silent-SY124010L/dp/B000LB0M8S?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 It is 40mm x 10mm not 40 x 20, but I think it should work.

I called Nelly's and they helped me add the cams to the app that I was having trouble with.

So, once the fans get here, I should be good to go!
Only 4CFM, so keep an eye on temperatures or you'll need a new NVR before you know it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out. I already have a benchmark temp reading. Psu was 85, chipset 80, old, failing, 230gb was 99. I just installed the 4tb purple I ordered. I plan to check it as is and then again with fan mods.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out. I already have a benchmark temp reading. Psu was 85, chipset 80, old, failing, 230gb was 99. I just installed the 4tb purple I ordered. I plan to check it as is and then again with fan mods.
I really hope that's not centigrade!

2 of those fans (one in, one out) will probably be ok as long as the NVR isn't crammed anywhere silly.