NVR and 6 cams

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I got three fans mounted. I used the 40x20 to replace the PSU fan and I used zip ties to mount 2 40x10mm fans - one towards the hard drive and the other towards the chipset. I wanted to make at least one of them an inlet fan but there wasn't an easy location to mount that way... After an hour of run time, the 4tb purple was 90f, I think the chipset was 80f and the outside of the psu was 86f.

Everything looked and worked well for the most part. One of the indoor wifi cams duplicated in the NVR so I had to delete it, we had issues with email setup (error complaining the server test failed), and one camera showed the sun-lit grass as blaze orange. I posted a separate thread about the orange color issue in case others have seen it or come across it in the future. I planned to ask Nellys support about the email issue tomorrow. I feel like this may be the first and only NVR I install. I prefer BI by far.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using Yahoo email. I had found another thread on this topic so the DNS and alt DNS were switched to google's servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yahoo email won't work with Hikvision.

Setup a gmail account to use as the send account only. You can receive with yahoo no problem.