NVR and networking troubles

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cable modem is 192.168.1.1, wifi router is 192.168.1.2 according to setup but i can't access it , i have to enter 192.168.1.15, nvr login is 192.168.1.200

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have the camera plugged directly into the switch, bypassing, yes with a poe injector and using the config took trying to find the damn thing now so that i can log into it and reset it and even THAT is not working! this shit will make you want to end it all i swear.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
found the camera on 10.1.1.65, logged in, factory reset the !@#$% and now it's at 192.168.1.108, unplugging it and going to do the other cameras and then try your method again, FYI when you plug a camera into the nvr it does not pop up like magic and automatically transfer itself to the bottom row. i can't believe there's not a manual on this nvr or any detailed troubleshooting information. does blue iris have better info? this is unbelievable. maybe now people can understand why i have no hair.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You MUST plug only one camera into the NVR at a time. Once it is moved to the bottom pane, shows a port 1, and the pencil dialog box looks like mine, let me know.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
will do, how can i send you some beer for your time? let me know, you're the only one that puts up with this mess. once resolved an admin should take your first post, make it a sticky and delete the rest of this mess lol

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Or you could try BI.

Note Ive done a lot of these and not had anywhere close to this much trouble, It all starts with following the instructions for a non PoE NVR

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok so i have a nvr that's set up according to your first instructions and cameras that are factory defaulted, the nvr is turned off, turn on nvr, wait a few mins THEN plug one camera in , or plug in cam, and turn on nvr. i'm telling ya, when i get to the registration page it will be blank ... maybe , hopefully not

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i take it as turn on nvr, let it boot up, THEN plug in camera and wait to see if it appears AND moves to the bottom, if not then reboot NVR while leaving the single camera plugged into the back port.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
take butter out of fridge, place on counter and leave for 20 mins, then take bread out , apply slightly melted butter to bread, bread will make its way to plate of spaghetti, if it disappears or lands on floor then click link for dog training LOL.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i'm going to factory default the nvr again, for the hell of it

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nvr is on, booted, i plugged in camera, refreshed page and there are no cameras appearing. do you want me to click device search?

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok , turned on nvr, waited for it to boot, then plugged in a factory default camera. i waited about 2 minutes and didnt see anything so i hit device search, it immediately popped up and the port changed from 80 to 37777. i waited another 5 mins and it never moved to the bottom. so i scrolled to the bottom and clicked refresh and it moved to the bottom and now shows port1. making progress.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
everything is the same, except the channel, mine is 1

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Good now try different browsers with the IE icon to get into the camera

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i'm in the camera, change some minor settings, need to read more at this point. i'm sure when i shut it off and turn itback on tomorrow something will be messed up. if i drank i'd have a 6pack down at least by now