NVR and networking troubles

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
see i didnt even have to wait till tomorrow. i went to update the time on my camera, i clicked on camera management and the camera disappeared from the bottom line. i went to live view and there's no live view. a few minutes later it magically re-appeared.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this is in the nvr menu, you think it's browser related? everything else shows up, just not the camera in the bottom line, it comes and goes.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that's the magic question, how do i factory default the cameras from either inside the NVR or via the camera login? i can't get to the camera log in because it's a 10.1.1.65 ip , i can't reach it on my 192.168.1.1 network
I told you how in 3 post's I made on page 2 of this thread.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to write down the ip address to whatever the nvr changed it to, then bypass the nvr and reset it that way. Config tool couldn't find the camera on the network and my router didn't show the ip either. You mentioned set the cable modem combo to bridge and let the attic wifi router run dhcp, everything I've read says to do the opposite, putting the attic router in access point mode and letting the cable modem router combo assign the ips. Currently it's working that way but maybe could be better.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Admins you can delete this mess, the OP created a new post. Thanks to those that helped.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
for the record, brand new camera, straight out of box, plugged into the back of the NVR, hit device search and it appears within a minute, took 5 minutes for it to move to the bottom, i've rebooted twice and this is as far as it goes. There HAS to be a better way to connect IP cams to an NVR.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Admins you can delete this mess,
That's not what we do - there will for sure be some lessons learned that others can benefit from in this lengthy saga.
And a reminder that certain forum members are just so patient and helpful in getting another forum member to the finish line.
You know who you are ...

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
On First setups I always turn the NVR’s DHCP to ON then reboot Nvr. Router assigns an ip to Nvr then I lock it in by turning DHCP off.

KCO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can it be done without a factory reset of the camera or the nvr?
Someone please make a video tutorial would be a great contribution.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On First setups I always turn the NVR’s DHCP to ON then reboot Nvr. Router assigns an ip to Nvr then I lock it in by turning DHCP off.
For the benefit of others - static IP addresses are best assigned values that are outside of a router's DHCP scope (the pool of addresses it manages) to avoid potential duplicate address clashes.
If assigning within the scope, use the 'reservations' facility in the router DHCP configuration.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
for the record, brand new camera, straight out of box, plugged into the back of the NVR, hit device search and it appears within a minute, took 5 minutes for it to move to the bottom, i've rebooted twice and this is as far as it goes. There HAS to be a better way to connect IP cams to an NVR.
That screen cap would indicate it has recognized the camera as it should and there is something on the config (pencil) screen that needs changed or corrected. Password likely

KCO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay today i reset NVR and...

1586833663771.png

now get access to camera via :10080 :)

*It was not necessary to reset the camera or disconnect it, just do the initial configuration like the first day

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
here we go again.... unplugged the NVR for a minute and plugged it back in , one of my cameras isn't coming back online. it won't find it on it's own, it wont manually add, unplugged the camera from the poe port, plugged it back in,refreshed, nothing. WHY WHY WHY

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have an Axis camera plugged into one of my Dahau PoE NVR's that reacts the same. It wont save the "Axis profile in the config box (encil). So anytome power goes down I simpply open that config box, change back to"Axis" profile, and it connects right away.

Is that camera set to 'Private" as a Dahua camera should be? or onvif?

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i just posted in the dahua section as well since it's a dahua cam, i read over the 5 pages of this thread and nothing helped. i was able to manually add it to the bottom line, against everyones suggestion and i had to toggle onvif/private to get a green light, but it's stuck on port 80 instead of Port1. i've tried rebooting, disconnecting, rebooting, reconnecting, waiting 10mins, same crap different day, i'm frustrated with these damn cams.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You try swapping it with a different camera port ?
done that before, it makes a mess in the nvr and app, showing cameras that dont exist and i dont know how to delete them. that did not fix the problem.