NVR and PC Running Blue Iris Concurrently?

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
It will work I have a NVR and Blue Iris running some of the same cameras and you just set up the cameras in Blue Iris with the IP and login / password.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so the "Y" connection in this setup would just be both are connected into the same router?
No 'Y' connection - just on the same LAN.
But how well this works depends on whether the cameras support multiple RTSP streams for multiple destinations. My Hikvision cameras are fine feeding 4 destinations.
But I have one camera that is limited by configuration to one stream, so the other destinations (one NVR and 2 NAS boxes) feed off the NVR that the camera is connected to. The NVR will feed loads of streams.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have my Lorex NVR connected to my network using BI and the mobile app to monitor.

jrfuda

n3wb
Reaction score
Works great for me - I have an 16TB LTS NVR that records my 16 LTS cameras 24/7 and use BI as a camera front end for my home automation system and mobile viewing; neither miss a beat. The NVR and BI PC both have Gbit LAN, and all my switches are Gbit so there are no network issues (cameras are only 100Mbit, of course, but they add up when streaming to 2 servers and you add in other network traffic). My NVR monitors the main stream and BI Monitors the sub stream (none of my BI clients need HD streams).

Last edited: