NVR camera setup. Losing IP?

Reaction score
Hello all, so the default ip on this camera is 192.0.0.64. So I set my lan to the same subnet. I can do a continuous ping to the camera went it powers on and I will get some replies and then I hear a physical click on the camera and I then cannot ping. I have multiple cameras so I know it’s not a bad camera. Any ideas? Possibly Poe switch/power issue. It’s like it goes through the boot process and something after it gets the up then it just loses network connectivity. Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  1. Have you tried another good (tested, working in-service) cable?
  2. What type of cables are they? (home-made, store-bought, T-568B config on both ends) ?
  3. Have you tried another POE port and done so with all other ports empty?

Reaction score
Yep I tried multiple cameras. Same brand and make though. I even attempted putting the camera on a poe switch with no nvr and the camera boots up. Can ping it but then camera clicks and loses ping. It’s like it’s not accepting poe after it completes boot. These are new out the box

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What brand of camera is it?
Most brands come with a search too, aimed at finding a camera if you aren't sure of the IP address.
For example, Hikvision's SADP tool will find a Hikvision device on the same LAN as the PC even on a different IP address range:

Hikvision cameras use multiple IP addresses as they boot up.
What's common is 192.0.0.64 just after power on, where the bootloader is checking if there is a tftp updater listening.
Then, as bootup continues, the main app starts, cycles the IR cut (which causes an audible click or two) and the camera uses either a DHCP-issued address, a configured static address, or the default IP address which is usually 192.168.1.64