NVR compatibility with Lorex cams

BamBam33

n3wb
Reaction score
My bad if the answer to my question is posted elsewhere...i looked and didnt see it if its there.

I have a very strict budget on a system and already have some lorex IP cams (lnb4421); will my IP lorex cams work with the nvr below? And if so whats the major trade-off going with this unit vs any of the lorex nvr's? If i understand correctly, lorex resells dahua so it seems as though it would be interchangeable. All i am really looking for in my system is identifying within 15 yrds with exception of one cam that i need to identify at about 50yrds. I just want to record and be able to review recorded and live via android. I dont have internet so no need for any extra bells and whistles. i really appreciate the help on likely trivial questions for u guys.

NVR4108-8P-4KS2
Online Shop Free Shipping DAHUA 8/16 Channel Smart 1U 8PoE 4K&H.265 Lite NVR without Logo NVR4108-8P-4KS2/NVR4116-8P-4KS2 | Aliexpress Mobile

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My bad if the answer to my question is posted elsewhere...i looked and didnt see it if its there.

I have a very strict budget on a system and already have some lorex IP cams (lnb4421); will my IP lorex cams work with the nvr below? And if so whats the major trade-off going with this unit vs any of the lorex nvr's? If i understand correctly, lorex resells dahua so it seems as though it would be interchangeable.
Hi BamBam

Good news, those cameras are listed as:
1) ONVIF Compliant
ONVIF is an open standard protocol for IP Network Cameras to communicate easily with Network Video Recorder (NVR) devices.

2) Appear to be Dahua OEM IP PoE cameras.
Thus they should work with that Dahua OEM NVR - you may need to configure user/password and perhaps port settings.
( also, do ask Andy @EMPIRETECANDY for a IPCT member price quote - remember China is on holiday right now )

All i am really looking for in my system is identifying within 15 yrds with exception of one cam that i need to identify at about 50yrds. I just want to record and be able to review recorded and live via android. I dont have internet so no need for any extra bells and whistles. i really appreciate the help on likely trivial questions for u guys.

NVR4108-8P-4KS2
Online Shop Free Shipping DAHUA 8/16 Channel Smart 1U 8PoE 4K&H.265 Lite NVR without Logo NVR4108-8P-4KS2/NVR4116-8P-4KS2 | Aliexpress Mobile
Bad news, ID within 15 yards = 45 feet. ID spec is 100 pixels per foot, so the cameras spec'd w/a 2.8mm lens and thus w/a 90 degree FOV and 4MP sensor .. will not carry enough pixels per foot at 45 feet. Your ID distance will be about 18.5 feet with those cameras.

You'd need a stronger lens ( i.e. more zoom ) - and thus a narrower FOV to have 100 ppf at 45 feet out.

Of course even more zoom and narrower FOV for 150 feet out.

BamBam33

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi BamBam

Good news, those cameras are listed as:
1) ONVIF Compliant
ONVIF is an open standard protocol for IP Network Cameras to communicate easily with Network Video Recorder (NVR) devices.

2) Appear to be Dahua OEM IP PoE cameras.
Thus they should work with that Dahua OEM NVR - you may need to configure user/password and perhaps port settings.
( also, do ask Andy @EMPIRETECANDY for a IPCT member price quote - remember China is on holiday right now )

Bad news, ID within 15 yards = 45 feet. ID spec is 100 pixels per foot, so the cameras spec'd w/a 2.8mm lens and thus w/a 90 degree FOV and 4MP sensor .. will not carry enough pixels per foot at 45 feet. Your ID distance will be about 18.5 feet with those cameras.

You'd need a stronger lens ( i.e. more zoom ) - and thus a narrower FOV to have 100 ppf at 45 feet out.

Of course even more zoom and narrower FOV for 150 feet out.

Awesome! Thank u for the feedback. Lastly, this nvr seems to be much cheaper than the other dahua nvrs, but i cant seem to understand how come??? It still records in uhd, and still plays back in uhd, and has PoE ports...so why is this one inferior to a more expensive one?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank u for the feedback. Lastly, this nvr seems to be much cheaper than the other dahua nvrs, but i cant seem to understand how come??? It still records in uhd, and still plays back in uhd, and has PoE ports...so why is this one inferior to a more expensive one?
Hi BamBam

The NVR4xxx models iirc may have less processing power than the NVR5xxx models - also I recall someone mentioning something about IVS functionality getting lost in the NVR4xxx model after a firmware update.

So you may want to look on the forum a bit more on IVS features and the NVR4xxx model and check the status of that.