NVR for wired and wireless

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently have a dahua starlight connected to dahua nvr 4104 P. I'd like to add a second dahua Starlight with a wired connection to an NVR but I would also like to have a wireless camera connect to an NVR also. Is there a Dahua NVR that does wired and wireless and could I connect a non dahua wireless camera to it? Many thanks. I'm not necessarily married to having the nvr be dahua I just figured it might be easier. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently have a dahua starlight connected to dahua nvr 4104 P. I'd like to add a second dahua Starlight with a wired connection to an NVR but I would also like to have a wireless camera connect to an NVR also. Is there a Dahua NVR that does wired and wireless and could I connect a non dahua wireless camera to it? Many thanks. I'm not necessarily married to having the nvr be dahua I just figured it might be easier. Thanks.
the NVR is a network device...the nvr does not need to support wireless...you simply need a wireless router or access point...
wifi is not reliable.
you will have issues with non dahua cameras...
any camera can be made wifi with a 10 dollar wifi bridge.

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Clearly I'm confused.So the nvr has nothing to do with the push notifications I receive via the gdmss app? I was thinking the motion detection clips I receive some how originated at the nvr. Thanks again.