NVR Is painfully slow after setting up motion detection.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After setting up motion detection for the first time since I got my Dahua NVR ( )my system is crawling. I have it set to record full time on all 14 cameras, plus motion detection on all 14. I use Smart PSS in addition which is where I first encountered the slowdown. It takes 10 seconds to call up a channel and when I do, the Device CFG / encode fields do not populate for 10 minutes or so. When they do I cannot change the settings to a different resolution for instance. It won’t let me apply or save the settings. The NVR is running the older firmware 3.216.0000002.0 build:2019-01-02. What also might be relevant is my internet connection. I get 7 megs down on a good day. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tubac

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ditched my hikvision 8 ch NVR for a $30 used PC and $60 BlueIris. The results were that BlueIris together with Deepstack will actively send me a text when its AI detects a person in the camers/hours I specified. When I had my motion detection on my Hikvision NVR, 95% of what I got was false alarm so then I had to shut the motion detection off.
It's free to try out BlueIris.