NVR ISSUE

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a Hikvision ds-7716ni-i4/16p nvr, which was tested as working fine in my home yesterday. I took it to my shed to set up my security cameras. Installed the hard drive, and it was working fine for several hours: video signal, connected to the internet, remote access. When I returned, I noticed that the monitor was turned off (Dell). I went to wake the monitor with the mouse, and now my monitor won't show anything and goes straight into power reserve mode. I thought maybe the HDMI cable was faulty, so I tried a VGA cable, but the problem still persisted. I then tested the monitor to my laptop with both HDMI and VGA cables showing that the monitor worked perfectly (had signal). So I took the NVR back into my home to troubleshoot. I started by deleting the NVR off of Hik connect so I could start from scratch. Now I have two problems: the monitor issue (no signal when plugged into the NVR) and I cannot connect the NVR to my LAN network - the IP address doesn't show up on my home network. Any thoughts? Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you try the VGA port? I have had strange issues with HDMI, but the VGA has always worked flawlessly