NVR not picking up cameras on another building using ubiquiti wireless bridge

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have finally made head way with setting up cameras at my house. However, the dalhua nvr dhi-nvr4216-16p-4ks2E won’t recognize my 4 others cameras that are coming thru the wireless bridge and won’t display them. I’m thinking it’s something simply but I’m at a loss. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks in advance.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Give them a few minutes and see if they are found. Sometimes they just need a little more time.

If not, try to manually install them.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you set them up according to the diagram I provided in answer to your May 2020 post "Wireless bridge for cameras"?

If so, and your PC is on the same LAN and same subnet as the Ubiquiti radios, try logging into the webGUI of the closest radio (the AP/BRIDGE); if successful, then try logging into the farthest radio (the STATION/BRIDGE) and let us know the results.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
See if you can connect and stream video with VLC from a computer connected to the same switch as your NVR.
At least see if you can ping the camera.
This is a good IP scanner to see what all is on your network.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have finally made head way with setting up cameras at my house. However, the dalhua nvr dhi-nvr4216-16p-4ks2E won’t recognize my 4 others cameras that are coming thru the wireless bridge and won’t display them. I’m thinking it’s something simply but I’m at a loss. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Did you pre configure the cameras on the bench on the NVR side and establish connection prior to moving them?. You want to do minimal troubleshooting across the link.

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have blue iris on my laptop, the 4 cameras from our garage through thru the ubiquiti bridge have worked flawless for months. I just “assumed” when we got the house cameras up and they were automatically found by the nvr, that the others would be as well. Yes, all the cameras were initialized prior to installation as well as the cables being checked. Everything has been well so far.

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tony, forgive me but I don’t have the slightest clue on what your asking. I’m going through an nvr, not a computer. I’d probably would’ve been better off.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tony, forgive me but I don’t have the slightest clue on what your asking. I’m going through an nvr, not a computer. I’d probably would’ve been better off.
When 2 Ubiquiti radios are set up as in my diagram (a Layer 2 Transparent bridge), it functions as a Ethernet cable, regardless of whether it's a PC or a NVR if it's part of your LAN (Local Area Network).
  1. Is your NVR on your LAN?
  2. Do you know the static IP addresses of the radios?