NVR not Seeing PTZ

Badger1966

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you for reading this. I am new to cctv and despite reading lots of stuff and being reasonably tech savvy, I am not sure how to resolve my issue without possibly causing more harm then good. So I am hoping someone will be kind enough to help me out :)

The system is all Hikvision...
NVR DS-7716NI-E4-16P
Working cam DS-2CD2T35FWD-I5
Speed dome PTZ not working DS-2DE4A225IW-DE

So connect the PTZ to NVR and on POE configuration it shows the PTZ drawing an average of 7.5W. The cam takes a max of 18W, the NVR can supply up to 30W per POE port up to a max of 200W over the 16 ports. As I only have 2 cams at the moment I guess power is good which is why I have not used an external power supply.

On the camera management page, the PTZ does not exist. Trying plug and play or manual results in nothing. So I tried connecting an ethernet cable from one of the POE ports to the router and using the SADP tool to see it, but no, nothing. I brought a POE injector, TP-Link TL-POE150S , it has a rated power of 15.4W, so a little less than the max of 18W the PTZ can draw, but I guess as I am not trying to run it at full power, and the NVR shows it drawing an average of 7.5W, I assume all is fine on the power front.

After connecting it through the POE injector, the SADP tool shows nothing. After a while I found that firstly connecting the power to the injector and then running SADP, it would eventually see the cam. Although it will only see it for approx 1 to 2 mins, and then the cam disappears. Whilst the SADP see it, it says the PTZ needs activation, so trying that whilst also having to put a password, the SADP says time out, again and again.

So now stuck. I have attached pics of what the SADP says.

Super hoping someone will be kind enough to give some step by step instruction on how to get this working.

Thanks again for reading :)

Attachments

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
hikip.png
New PTZ has to be set up.
Take a look at the cliff notes. You could try the SADP Tool.
Thttps://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/ip-cam-talk-cliff-notes/#initial-setup

Badger1966

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Well well well, call me an idiot, as most of you will. I am sure there is a golden rule which says check your lan cable, so yes, faulty RJ45. Now works very well indeed :)
I am sure when I get the cam back in position I will need some advice on the best way to set my PTZ up.

Thanks for reading, and I apologise for such a stupid mistake :oops: Wasted my time and yours :embarrassed: