NVR + POE Setup

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I really need some tips on connecting a HIKVISION DS-7732NI-E4/16P NVR 32 PORT + POE switch to accommodate 27 IP cameras.

This is what I know but am not sure. the 32 port only has 16 active poe and would need a poe switch connected to lan on nvr. Now I would need to set ip on SADP on the remaining cameras and manually add on camera config on nvr.. Correct me if am wrong please. Sounds easy but am haven't done this before and need to make sure before I embarrass myself. haha

Any help will do thanks

Shads

Last edited:

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The POE switch connects to your local network. I'm not familiar with the NVR you're using so I don't know what ports it has. Both the NVR and POE switch need to be connected to your local network. The NVR has its own managed switch and will issue IP addresses to the cameras connected to it. Assign a static IP to the NVR making sure it's outside the DHCP range. The cameras connected to the POE switch will get their IP addresses from your network router and will be on a different subnet than the cameras connected to the NVR. Once you get everything connected, you should utilize DHCP reservation on your router for the cameras connected to the POE switch. IP cameras don't behave 100% like they should using static IPs.

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I noticed Static don't at times. Will give it a shot and hopefully it should work smoothly. Thanks bud