NVR + PoE + Switch for Amcrest cameras

antonpuz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and getting into the IP cameras world, would highly appreciate you hints on few things I try to figure out.
I own two Amcrest cameras (indoor and outdoor) and looking for a compatible NVR which will allow me to:
1. Power the cameras with PoE (builtin)
2. Record on its own disk
3. Allow the cameras to connect to the phone app (make it accessible from the internet)
4. Support stand alone mode (no internet)
5. Support all advanced features and configuration e.g. motion detection in specific part of the stream
6. Connect to Home Assistant - big bonus

I saw several suggestions about searching for compatible NVRs but I was hoping to get specific model suggestions.

Another question is about the connectivity of the NVR, are there network management features built inside of it? e.g. MAC or IP filtering?
or should network restriction be applied on the home router? I imagine that the NVR is connected via ethernet to the home router, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you very much,
Anton.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and getting into the IP cameras world, would highly appreciate you hints on few things I try to figure out.
I own two Amcrest cameras (indoor and outdoor) and looking for a compatible NVR which will allow me to:
1. Power the cameras with PoE (builtin)
2. Record on its own disk
3. Allow the cameras to connect to the phone app (make it accessible from the internet)
4. Support stand alone mode (no internet)
5. Support all advanced features and configuration e.g. motion detection in specific part of the stream
6. Connect to Home Assistant - big bonus

I saw several suggestions about searching for compatible NVRs but I was hoping to get specific model suggestions.

Another question is about the connectivity of the NVR, are there network management features built inside of it? e.g. MAC or IP filtering?
or should network restriction be applied on the home router? I imagine that the NVR is connected via ethernet to the home router, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you very much,
Anton.
Hi @antonpuz

Amcrest IP PoE cameras will work on the Dahua OEM NVR based on what others have shared and my experience with a NVR5216-16P-4KS2 Dahua OEM NVR I picked up from Andy. ( Andy btw should be on Chinese New Year vacation iirc .. )

I don't know the Amcrest NVR models well, I do know most of the more affordable ones are NVRs which may have less features.