NVR Price Advise

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1 4 channel NVR for use with my DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS. I've been looking around to find the best price which range from ~£100 to ~£300 which is quite a difference; the majority of which are ~£170.

One of the reviews on the site offering the £100 one, seemed to suggest it was a 'grey import' although the images on the site along with the product details seemed to suggest otherwise.

Now for the stupid question - is there such things as grey imports with this device? How would you tell the difference if what arrives has all the right badges, logos and firmware????
If these are indeed grey imports then I doubt the stores selling these would identify them as such whether they themselves knew.....

This also begs the question, what is the correct price? Is the £170 the correct price and are the stores selling for the £300 end cashing in?

If I get one, how will I know whether it is the genuine article and whether any future firmware updates will be compatible?

Thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That model is £400+ vat uk trade price, also known as the anpr model.

if you find it for £100 I'll take 100, but seriously anything less is grey import, with a 5.20 firmware lol.

As to using an NVR with your camera it has to be a 77XX model to support the functions of that camera UK list price for an 8ch model is also £400 +vat.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-7604NI-E1..the I it for international model...you can upgrade the firmware without worry became Chinese. Don't buy DS-7604N-E1.

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
That model is £400+ vat uk trade price, also known as the anpr model.

if you find it for £100 I'll take 100, but seriously anything less is grey import, with a 5.20 firmware lol.

As to using an NVR with your camera it has to be a 77XX model to support the functions of that camera UK list price for an 8ch model is also £400 +vat.
Bugger about grey imports.... the trouble is you never know what the 'true' price is :(

Is there a list which details which camera are compatible with NVRs? For that matter I didn't know the 'I' is the international model either so would be good to know if there is a list which details the options of all the cameras too.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is a Hikvision app that lists a International models, but not the features
You can use a 7608 ni NVR with the latest firmware it will also support the functions of your camera, if your budget is limited but like most thing you get what you pay for.