NVR seeing cameras but disconnecting

Reaction score
I have been doing more troubleshooting and have got to a point where the NVR now sometimes sees the cameras but will only stay connected for a few minutes, and can then go down for hours, and when the cameras are there, they the picture flickers on and off too, until it goes offline completely.

For some reason my NVR as an IP of 192.168.2.64 and no matter what I do it won't change it. My router IP range is 192.168.0.X and I cannot get SADP Tools to show the IP correctly.

I can connect to the NVR with the 192.168.0.64 IP but the cameras are all on 192.168.254 IP range.

I have a Load Balancing Router that connects to a Switch and it may be the 2 network hardwares that is causing the issue, but have tried to remove that from the network and connect directly to a spare router and it did not change what was happening.

Does anyone have any hints or pointers I can try?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can connect to the NVR with the 192.168.0.64 IP
For some reason my NVR as an IP of 192.168.2.64
You've supplied 2 different IP addresses for the NVR.
How are you seeing what the IP address is, and how are you connecting to the NVR?
Have you tried browser access to the NVR?
I cannot get SADP Tools to show the IP correctly.
In what way is what SADP is showing incorrect?
but the cameras are all on 192.168.254 IP range.
That's normal for cameras connected to a Hikvision NVR PoE port. The cameras are by default not accessible from the LAN.
Depending on the firmware version of the NVR, you should be able to use the 'Virtual Host' facility (advanced network configuration / other) to access the camera web GUI directly.
What model is your (unspecified) NVR and what firmware is installed?

Reaction score
You've supplied 2 different IP addresses for the NVR.
How are you seeing what the IP address is, and how are you connecting to the NVR?
Have you tried browser access to the NVR?
I am not sure how it has been supplied 2 IP addresses, as I only have one IP range in the network and that is 192.168.0.x I can access it via browser on that IP range and nothing in my network has as 192.168.2.x IP range, so I am not sure where it is coming from.

The only thing I can think of is the switch I am using which is a Netgear GS724Tv4 is the hardware that is giving off the 2 range. The TP Link I have is a TL ER5120 Load Balancing Router and it is definitely giving the 192.168.0.x IP range.

In what way is what SADP is showing incorrect?
It is showing as the 2.64 IP. But I can connect via the 192.168.0.x IP. As above the 2.64 IP is coming from somewhere and I'm not sure where.

That's normal for cameras connected to a Hikvision NVR PoE port. The cameras are by default not accessible from the LAN.
Depending on the firmware version of the NVR, you should be able to use the 'Virtual Host' facility (advanced network configuration / other) to access the camera web GUI directly.
What model is your (unspecified) NVR and what firmware is installed?
My NVR is the DS-7616NI-I2/16P and is on firmware V3.4.92 build 170228

Last edited:

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are your cameras running on the POE PORT of the NVR

mine right now is like this
-----------------------------
Main network MAIN GATE WAY 10.0.0.138 all ips run under that 10.0.0.0x
the nvr on the lan port has 10.0.0.130

my nvr poe ports are all 10.0.1.* i can not see them on my main network as the NVR take's the feeds from the cameras which have an ip for each port 10.0.1.1 .10.0.1.2 etc

YOUR NVR shows you all the feeds in iVMS

you have to Enable Virtual Host to see the web page of each cameras

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
are your cameras running on the POE PORT of the NVR

mine right now is like this
Main network MAIN GATE WAY 10.0.0.138 all ips run under that 10.0.0.0x
the nvr on the lan port has 10.0.0.130

my nvr poe ports are all 10.0.1.* i can not see them on my main network as the NVR take's the feeds from the cameras which have an ip for each port 10.0.1.1 .10.0.1.2 etc

YOUR NVR shows you all the feeds in iVMS

you have to Enable Virtual Host to see the web page of each cameras
Hi Paul,
My cameras are all connected to the NVR and they are given an ip of 192.168.254.x. My local network is 192.168.0.x and SADP Tool shows the NVR with an IP of 192.168.2.64 for some unknown reason.
I have set up Virtual Host but as the cameras are not showing I cannot connect to them. Only when they show for the few minutes they are showing am I able to connect to me.

In the settings of the NVR it shows the 192.168.0 IP, but SADP Tools shows the .2.64 IP, and I think that is the reason why it is giving me grief, what I am not sure is to why the cameras sometimes appear sporadically without any setting changes from me. Earlier today one of the cameras was showing on the NVR today for a few minutes and has now gone yet all the other cameras didn't show at all.

I am going to do a test and remove the Switch and Load Balancing Router and connect direct to an old router and see if that makes a difference.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check your poe port lights when the camears go down if there all on then the poe side is working fine but if there all go offline then something has failed and the nvr shuts down all the camears. This happened to me one all was fine for a few mins then i lost all my poe found it to be bad cat6 connections

Reaction score
Check your poe port lights when the camears go down if there all on then the poe side is working fine but if there all go offline then something has failed and the nvr shuts down all the camears. This happened to me one all was fine for a few mins then i lost all my poe found it to be bad cat6 connections
I just checked then and all the ports on the back of the NVR were flashing away happily even though there was No Link for all cameras on the NVR. As I have this happening on 10 cameras, I think the chances of all the Cat6 being faulty would surely be minuscule.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you get the same problems when using Live View from both the web GUI and the VGA/HDMI interface?

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
rest the nvr to defaults it's seem like something is going wrong

Reaction score
rest the nvr to defaults it's seem like something is going wrong
I've factory reset it a few times with no change. I have 3 types of cameras:-
DS-2CD2542FWD
DS-2CD2142FWD-IS
DS-2CD2042WD-I
They are all International models and are able to be upgraded and were all upgraded a few months ago when I tested them at a different house.

Reaction score
SOLVED!!!!! Woo Hoo!
Finally got it working, and after all the troubleshooting and mucking around it was as simple as 3 of the Cat6 cables were cross wired so it was obviously sending back something that would keep knocking out the rest of the cameras.
They have been repaired now and all 10 cameras show up and I can now properly set them up!
Big thanks to Paul Diaz and alistairstevenson for all their help and sorry it was all for nothing after all!

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah anything like that there hate. POE are very sensitive to anything even an kink in the wire. Lucky you got it ;) i knew something was wrong someone where the nvr can't be stuffed

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk