leone33

n3wb
Jul 6, 2016
Hello to all. I need help. I'm installing a Hikvision kit consisting of:

1 unit of DS-7608NI-E28P supports POE
2 units of DS-2CD2042WD-I POE connected to nvr
3 units of DS-2CD2042WD-I POE connected to a PoE switch
1 unit POE switch connected to nvr

the two cameras that are connected to nvr work without configuring anything, it's ok. the three cameras connected to the POE switches do not work. I have tried everything but do not work. I just insert the current three cameras are illuminated for a few seconds (the camera led) but the nvr not acquire them, but in the voice of the cameras remains the words "detecting". What do you advise me to do?

the all Lan cable is straight Type B as you see attached.

thanks for everyone who wants to respond to this my problem

Attachments

• lan2.jpg
    lan2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 20
this:

HTB1bJqZMXXXXXaCaXXXq6xXFXXXX.jpgHTB1fZi9MXXXXXXqXVXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg

now...I did a test. I attached the cameras to poe switch and then the switch I stuck to the home router. the nvr I connected to the home network and in that the nvr can read the two cameras that I put on the switch. but I can not see. nvr go error number of cameras reached

sorry for my bad english

IMG_20160706_200807.jpgIMG_20160706_200834.jpg

I would think you can connect the 3 units of DS-2CD2042WD-I to PoE switch, then connect the PoE switch to the NVR like it was a camera and see if that works. You can try to connect one of the 1-4 ports on the switch to the NVR or the GE port to the NVR.

I think the problem you were having was that the cameras attached to the NVR are on their own network that is separate from the main router network. Having the cameras connected to the PoE switch and connected to the router puts those cameras outside of the camera network so the NVR can't find them. That is why I suggest connecting all the cameras to the NVR directly but put the PoE switch between the 3 cameras and the NVR as needed.

Having the cameras connected to the PoE switch and connected to the router puts those cameras outside of the camera network so the NVR can't find them.
That's not so - you can mix and match up to the number of channels the model supports - but once the cameras are definitely on the LAN, it's necessary to use the NVR 'Modify' button in camera configuration to assign one of the PoE port channels to a LAN-connected camera by changing the mode to Manual and setting the IP address and username/password correctly.

You will probably need to set the camera IP addresses to values that match your LAN.
Download the very good Hikvision tool SADP v3 - it will find the cameras even if they are on a different IP segment, allow you to 'activate' them, and set the IP address as needed.
http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_82.html

You are quite right @alastairstevenson

I didn't cover this aspect for two reasons, the first is that English isn't OP's first language so I didn't want to put too much info into the post and because I was being lazy.

I had meant to convey that by connecting the cameras to the internal NVR "camera lan" instead of the external main network the NVR would be more likely to detect the cameras and connect to them without the need to modify the NVR settings. I was just trying to keep it simple. You were quite right to correct me since in rereading my post it does come across as "it must be this way" and not as "this way is simpler but it can also work other ways" which is what I had meant. I will try to be more concise and clear next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried to insert the switch poe to nvr. but nvr not switch law. the switch is only read when I connect it to my home router (when the switch is on the network). I used the SADP program but I can not do anything. OK, the program is able to see whether the cameras are on the router's network and whether the cameras are off the network. But...?Immagine.jpg

this configuration is normal? I have not changed anything.

20160715_094916.jpg

I have tried changing the NIC address (192.168.254.1) in 192.168.1.xxx but it goes wrong.

PS. the NVR is POE and the Switch is POE. Both are POE. it is possible that they are in conflict?

I didn't tried read all post clearly. You can tried this:

Basically, your posted picture above is totally correct.

1. Plug the poe switch into the Lan port of the NVR.
2. Use sadp to activate the 3 units that you intended to use through the poe switch, assign them ip address as:192.168.1.105-107, gateway as:192.168.1.1, assign them password(set it as the same as the NVR will make you life easier)
3. log into the NVR, go 'menu'-'camera' then add those 3 units manually according as the network setup that you've done above.

Sorry for the late reply, here is the whole picture, hope it can help:

1. router(192.18.1.1) > poe switch
2. nvr(192.168.1.104, gateway:192.168.1.1 netmask:255.255.255.0) > router or poe switch
3. 2 cam(192.168.254.X) > nvr poe ports (you don't have to do anything on the 'internal NIC' address, leave it as 192.168.254.1)
4. 3 cam(192.168.1.105,106,107, gateway:192.168.1.1) > poe switch, activate them up with sadp, set their static ip, set the pw as the same as your nvr.
5.on your second post, you see the cameras setup page, see that little notebook with a pencil icon, use that to add your 3 cams. set them up as "MANUAL", protocol is "HIKVISION", put in the pw, then 'apply'