NVR with Face/people detection

mlun58

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a system that works very nice, but it lacks face/people recognition. So a lot of false alarms, and basically useless to monitor activities around the house.

Hikvision and Dahua have NVR's with this function, but does this require that everything: Cameras, NVR should be replaced and be of the same brand? My cameras are 5MP / ONVIF, so hopefully they can be used with another NVR. My present NVR is from WGCC which I assume is just a branded name used on a more or less arbitrary NVR.

Last edited:

mlun58

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, glad to hear this! Anyhow, the WGCC NVR is offering people counting, but it is "not available" for my cameras. One is a WGCC camera, and then two other brands. Would have expected the WGCC camera to at least offer the functionality built into the NVR, but actually almost all functions like "Cross line detection", "People counting", "Defocus detection" and "Scene change detection" are not working (save is disabled for these functions).
Therefore I am looking for some alternative hardware to make it possible to get people or face detection, so that I will have reliable alarms. Preferably so I maybe could avoid replacing my existing cameras.

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Curious to know if these technologies infringe on those who are being recorded rights in any way?

Maybe I should be more specific and mention in CA, are there any guidelines?

I think it’s awesome features and ai is here to stay for sure

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
You should have the nvr and cameras be of the same brand. If you choose dahua or hikvision the cameras will need to be the same brand of the nvr you choose and also the cameras and nvr need to be ivs/AI capable. This is the best way for compatibility between nvr and cameras to truly work together reliably.

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got it!

does anyone know of the ivs cameras will see firmware updates that roll in more ai features?

the wizsense and wizmind cameras are fairly pricey