NVR Won't record Hik through switch

Rog36

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, My NVR won't record through a switch set up.

Basically I have four Hik camera's plugged directly to the NVR and these record no problem, but the other Hik camera which needs to go through a switch can be viewed and watched no problem, but I get 'CODE 23 not supported' when I try to view in Event Search.

I have run out of ideas now so any help would be appreciated.

C0m4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Models of all your equipment would eliminate some guesswork

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

Rog36

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry here goes.

The camera in question is a DS-2CD2342WD which is the same as the other four, however this camera is plugged into a Netgear GS308P Router. The Router is then plugged into a TP-Link CPE210 Wireless link. The other CPE210 at the house is plugged into another Netgear Router GS108. I changed the ip address on the camera and it works fine (viewing wise) through my NVR which is a DS-7716NI-E4/16P

The NVR will playback the four cameras which plug directly into the NVR but not this one. On the screen images being filmed it shows the red camera which I presume means it is recording the same as all the others.

Is there any further information needed?

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you add that camera to the NVR “manually” pointing at the correct IP address? The camera on the switch is going to have an IP address that’s relevant to your LAN. The cameras on the NVR will have addresses relevant to the NVR. Can you take a screen shot of the camera adding page? Maybe we can see if something doesn’t look right

Rog36

n3wb
Reaction score
Update

It appears now to be recording on the NVR which is great news, however the NVR is in the roof so I rely on iVMS-4200 and it still comes up with the same error on that.

Any ideas why I can't view playback for that camera only on iVMS-4200?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@Rog36 You sent screenshots of the "Device Information" page for the camera and the NVR. Please send a screenshot of the camera management page, in iVMS-4200 it's labeled "Camera": 2018-03-06_1612

A few other questions:

1. Will it not playback at all or only when you do Event Search?
2. What type of Events do you have enabled for that camera in the NVR? (Line Crossing, Intrusion Detection, Regular Motion Detection)
3. Which version of iVMS do you have?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On iVMS-4200 you do not seem to be "live viewing" the camera on the NVR; you seem to be connected directly to the camera.

That would make it look for local recording on the camera SD Card when you playback.