NVR4208-8p-4ks2 after Firmware downgrade - nothing works

sn0000py

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello i have a NVR4208 - some month ago i upgraded to v4, but the Motion Detecting didn't work, therefore i tried today to downgrade - downloaded the firmware and update it in the web browser.

After this nothing worked, if the NVR boots up, i can try to login in, and the NVR blocks, after some time it reboots, i tried to press the reset Button inside at booting.
But nothing changed.

At the moment the NVR boots up, i see the 9 rectangle with the cameras and the Montior shuts off, after some time the NVR reboots.

I tried it with and without the HDD - is there a possibility to flash the firmware somehow?

Fire Tom

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello i have a NVR4208 - some month ago i upgraded to v4, but the Motion Detecting didn't work, therefore i tried today to downgrade - downloaded the firmware and update it in the web browser.

After this nothing worked, if the NVR boots up, i can try to login in, and the NVR blocks, after some time it reboots, i tried to press the reset Button inside at booting.
But nothing changed.

At the moment the NVR boots up, i see the 9 rectangle with the cameras and the Montior shuts off, after some time the NVR reboots.

I tried it with and without the HDD - is there a possibility to flash the firmware somehow?

I upgraded to V4 (nvr4208-8p-4ks2) as well and my motion recording is constantly freezing on playback. I've tried everything (factory reset and changing settings). So now I want to flash old firmware and your post worries me. Sorry I am no help to you but maybe the bump will get noticed.

2ndLeaf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

But nothing changed.

Are you able to recover your NVR4208 ? I run into the same issue :(

sn0000py

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No nothing worked, i worte many times with Dahua, but last word was i have to send it back to the shop where i bought it ...

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What version firmware did you guys use? Looks like the latest on their website (LINK) is: DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.1.R.200319
I just tried it and it keeps failing right at the beginning and restarting the unit. Everything comes back fine but it wont upgrade. Thats via putting the file on a USB drive and trying the upgrade from there.

Fire Tom

n3wb
Reaction score
I went with V4.000.0000001.3
Build date 2019-10-16
Web version V3.2.7.121468

Worked

Fire Tom

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to say the file was called:
General_NVR4XXX-4KS2_Multilang_V4.000.0000001.3.R.191016.bin